One of BC's Top Employers, PNI offers a full list of perks and benefits fully paid by company, including healthcare and matching RRSP plan plus lots of fun activities throughout the year. Check us out on Facebook for more information on working at PNI: https://www.facebook.com/pnimedia or www.pnimedia.com
Who Are We:
We develop the next-generation technologies for the world's largest retailers for which we've become world renown. In addition to revolutionizing the users' online experience, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate the systems for the production and fulfillment of their orders. What is more impressive is the scale and reach of our solutions servicing millions of customers and transactions all around the globe.
As a Senior Software Developer you will design, implement and deliver software components for some of the world's largest retailers. You will tackle the technical challenges in an agile environment with massive data storage (5 PB) that serve copious volumes of customers (20 million) and data (2 TB daily) online. It would be expected of you to actively propose new solutions to “old” problems, seek out the bad code and fix it, champion the change to new technology and new processes and above all have the real passion for coding. You will also be responsible for helping to coach and mentor junior developers and developers within your team.
Your Key Accountabilities:
• Working as part of project team in an agile environment, works with the Lead Developer and Project Manager to ensure team deliverables are met
• Develops and maintains required documentation, develops unit and integration tests.
• Provides technical advice, assessments and estimates to PM.
• Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge
• Work collaboratively in a small team with the Developers, QA, PM, BA and Enterprise Architects to understand business initiatives and deliver solution in small increments.
• Mentors and coaches junior developers
• Passionately drive problem determination and resolution.
• Help PM's in managing change.
• Contributes to our technical evolution by sharing of business and technology knowledge.
• Motivate development team.
• Share with PNI all technical successes & innovations.
Required Experience & Skills:
• 4+ years' experience in web design, application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio and relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server.
• Extensive experience with technologies such as WCF, REST, MVC, ORM, IOC, Razor
• Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming principles.
• Ability to multitask over multiple projects in an agile team
• Excellent communication
• Driven attitude
• You have a degree in Computer Science (or a relevant field), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and amazing ability
Full Health, Dental, Vision, RRSP matching, Training assistance, Wellness Allowance plus tons of snacks and fresh fruit on a weekly basis and monthly Town Socials complete with food and drinks, company sponsored healthy activities such as bootcamp.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 1, 2016 6:11 PM PDT
- PNI Digital Media
- PNI Digital Media
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We develop the next-generation technologies for the world's largest retailers for which we've become world renown. In addition to revolutionizing the users' online experience, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate the systems for the production and fulfillment of their orders. What is more impressive is the scale and reach of our solutions servicing millions of customers and... more