Are you a software developer who is passionate about building great products and producing quality code that solves real life problems? Do you build software quickly but correctly (why do things twice, right?). Do you love working with the latest technology, sitting on the frontier of innovation where the possibilities are endless?
Looking for a role that will allow you to take some ownership of the architecture and aspects of the code? Do you want a position that will allow you to make a significant impact to the bottom line of the company, working in an environment that lets you have fun while you do it? If so, we would like to meet you.
Exinda is growing our team by adding senior coders who are responsible for extending our Network Orchestrator appliance. As part of this agile scrum team, you will be working on all aspects of the product and development environment. Whether it is solving big data analysis problems, working with recent technologies, tackling complex statistical analysis, or finding ways to better scale our application, there is interesting work awaiting you. The office environment is open and collaborative with an emphasis on software craftsmanship, continuous integration, and test automation practices.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for helping design the architecture of the system and making architectural changes to support needed improvements and new functionality
- Code implementation of new functionality
- Maintaining and improving the automated test coverage of the system. Quality is a very important aspect of our system. Assured quality through automated testing is a must.
- Continuously improve the development practices around Network Orchestrator including improvements to the build system, and automated testing systems
- Addressing our technical debt by putting improvements throughout our codebase
- Fixing those (hopefully rare) problems that made it past our testing
- Creating code that can analyze the network data and make suggestions to systems admins to improve their network performance
We want learning to be a part of your experience with us so we don’t expect you to arrive knowing everything we need but the more matches you have the better fit you’ll be for our team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of networking in TCP/IP based client-server development
- Experience with unit testing and TDD
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Strong customer focus
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented principles and patterns
- REST API design experience is a bonus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- A strong desire to make a difference and produce a top quality product
- Tell us what special skills you’ll bring to Exinda to help us help others!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please apply online through our careers page and, along with your resume, include a cover letter pointing us to your LinkedIn or Stack Overflow profile, and tell us about an aspect of your coding experience you are proud to remember.
- Date Posted:
- May 19, 2015 9:30 PM PDT
- Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
At Exinda, our mission is to help enterprises, educators and service providers effortlessly exceed their WAN service level agreements (SLAs). We do this through an innovative approach called WAN Orchestration and our award winning product, Exinda Network Orchestrator. Our unique solution is designed to coordinate all users, apps, devices, and activities across all your network locations. more