We’re a cool little start-up in Gastown beating out the biggest competitors in our space. We’re currently the underdog. But we have a clear mission and won’t stop until we’re the overdog. We’re carving out a role as an industry leader in employee scheduling. We’re not like other enterprise software – we’re injecting the freshness of consumer software into powerful business tools. Fortune 500 companies are optimizing their schedules and slashing costs with our software and loving every minute of it.
We’re already profitable and we’re looking for leaders that want a stake in some huge growth opportunities.
You’ll be helping to create a vision for how the product is built from the back-end to the front-end, laying out parts of the architecture and owning major features on an unstoppable dev team. You not only bring your own technical expertise, you help those around you become experts so that as a team we build awesome products faster.
You’re hungry, you’re passionate, and you’re eager to be a key stakeholder in shipping a great product.
- The ability to take ownership and consistently deliver above expectations. This includes excellent communication skills, strong project management, and all of those other obvious ingredients for success.
- Outstanding programming fundamentals. You know your data structures and object-oriented programming well, you scoff at inefficient algorithms, and you love a good challenge.
- Deep experience with web development. It doesn’t matter if you’ve used our development stack but you’ve shipped some major web projects and keep tabs on what’s going on in the industry.
- Hands-on experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WebAPI, and AngularJS would be a great bonus. We’re looking for someone who writes great code but also takes ownership of design and testing to ensure high quality and customer love.
- Excellent team player driven to lead feature teams in an agile environment.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or math.
- More than 5 years of experience as a developer.
- Empathy: You understand that the code you’re writing is for the customers that use it, not you. When you’re working on a feature you think of ways to build it so that customers will want to hug you.
- Brains: You know there’s no perfect architecture but you feel pretty good when you’ve come close! You love a little mental sparring with your teammates that result in nuggets of pure genius.
- Drive: You want to build an amazing product. You know what needs to be done. You own it. You nail it. And you help everyone else on the team to do the same. High five!
The EDP Team :
We get along because honestly, you need to get along to do awesome things. Yes, we work hard and push ourselves to be creative, learn, and improve but we thrive on it and enjoy working with smart people. We like jokes, random quizzes during the day, and dominating trivia nights (tentative team name: Trivia Knights). We remember to laugh during conference calls, BBQ on the roof, go for tacos, and enjoy a beer at the end of the week.
We’re located in a gorgeous heritage building in the heart of Gastown with cedar floors, brick walls, and a gym. There’s a rooftop patio with two natural gas grills and an unparalleled view of the mountains. The lunch options are endless and it’s painless to get here from almost anywhere via public transportation, bike, or walking.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 9, 2016 9:48 AM PST
- EDP Software
- EDP Software
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
EDP Software is a leading provider of workforce management software. SchedulePro is a sophisticated and easy to use system that helps organization manage and optimize the utilization of their most important asset, their employees. EDP Software is an established pioneer in the software development and consulting industry. We have been in operation since 1981. Our mission is to provide high... more