Permanent or Contract
Info-Tech Research Group is seeking creative and independent engineers who are comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and an agile, collaborative work setting. We offer a great work environment and a competitive salary based on experience. Full time and contract positions are available.
If you are passionate about building great software, you want to work at a company that is young but is no longer a startup, and you are looking to work in the heart of Ontario, we want to work with you. At Info-Tech, you will be sitting in the driver’s seat as your ideas and code will be used to shape our product suite which has 30,000+ users.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
• Playing a senior role on our product engineering team.
• Owning the code base, continually refactoring it, and making it better.
• Developing RESTful APIs for internal and external use.
• Developing scalable backend services.
• Implementing a road map of new features and seeing them through.
The typical senior developer role involves: liaising with customer support, bringing ideas to meetings, educating other team members on best practices, and continually looking for ways to improve the product.
Desired Skills & Experience
We are looking for an individual who has a deep knowledge of the Ruby on Rails framework, has developed scalable backend services, and has an agile approach to problem solving.
Successful candidates exhibit the following traits:
• 2+ years of Ruby on Rails Development and 4+ years developing software in a commercial environment.
• Solid experience in building high-performance, reliable, and scalable services.
• Solid understanding of web technologies, relational databases (we use MySQL), and object oriented design.
• Development experience in a cloud-based infrastructure.
• Experience with Ajax based user interfaces.
In addition, we are looking for the following skills:
• Be efficient, organized, and follow through on commitments.
• Be intelligent, have great analytical skills, and pay attention to detail.
• Be calm under pressure, have a great work ethic, and communicate well.
• Push for excellence and do not accept the mundane.
• Urge for a higher standard. Be proactive.
• Be open to new ideas and personal feedback.
• Try new things. Fail and learn from failure. 5% of developers are 20 times more efficient than 95% of developers. We want you to be the 5%.
How to Get Noticed
A resume and cover letter is a good start, but we're very interested in seeing real world examples of your work.
• Include your GitHub, Bit Bucket, Stack Overflow, or Google Code profile with a description of any open source projects you've worked on.
• Include a portfolio or blog site which has any of your work on it.
• Include links to presentations you've given.
5 Reasons Why You Want to Work with Us
1. You want to have a voice and a say in the direction of the company, the code you build, and what you do. You don't want to be a "yes" man.
2. You want more fun at work - where having the occasional beer is part of the culture.
3. You want a team that is passionate. You want a team that will push, explore ideas, and challenge each other regularly. You want a team that drives forward rather than settles for the status quo.
4. You want a life after work. You want to work hard, and then have time to play hard or just relax.
5. You want to work at a company that invests in you, sends you to conferences, encourages your education, and pushes you to grow.
- Date Posted:
- Oct 21, 2014 11:42 AM PDT
- Info-Tech Research Group
Info-Tech Research Group is the world’s fastest growing information technology research and advisory company, proudly serving over 30,000 IT professionals. We produce unbiased and highly relevant IT research to help CIOs and IT leaders make strategic, timely and well informed decisions. We partner closely with IT teams to provide everything they need, from actionable tools to analyst guidance, ensuring they... more