We are currently seeking a highly motivated, self-driven Sr. Software Development Manager.
The Sr. Software Development Manager manages and leads a software development team to deliver on assigned software product component(s). This position is responsible for the overall design and implementation of the software, product development schedules, and project and resource plans, coordination with other development teams, QA coordination, Project/Program Management and Product Management coordination, and product content and documentation contribution and review
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Product Delivery
o Delivers the product in accordance with the functionality as required by our product plans.
o Collaborates with Product Management to contribute towards effective future product release planning to produce, in a timely manner, the best possible product.
2. Product Technology
o Collaborates with the Architecture Team to define and maintain the overall technical architectural integrity of the Move products
o Be the technical evangelist of the responsible product component to ensure that its development and architectural approach adheres to the overall direction of our product technology roadmap
o Manages the team’s use of internal development infrastructure, such as source code management systems and other development tools to maintain the development team’s efficiency
o Hands-on with the design, and should be fluent in the programming languages being used, including Java, node.js, python, C#, and is experienced with open source libraries and frameworks. Also is knowledgeable of database technologies, both SQL-based and nonSQL.
3. Customer Focus
o Responsible for the timely resolution of customer issues escalated by our Support organization
o Conversant in the Customer perspective, and includes a customer-oriented focus in the decision making process on product planning and development, and the resolution of issues
4. Team Management
o Manages a team of Development Leads, Software Engineers, and Database Engineers
o Organizes, delegates, and follows up on assigned tasks towards completion of product development; with the resulting product meeting the requirements and functionality as specified, with acceptable quality and on schedule
o Eliminates obstacles for development through effective planning and communication; which includes maintaining open communication with all stakeholders
o The management of the team includes performance reviews and compensation input, professional development, team motivation, and team building
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Computer Science or Engineering degree required
• Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience in leading engineering teams in a software development company
• Excellent hiring practices and ability to rapidly hire, develop, and grow talent
• Must have experience developing for the web, particularly focusing on SOA and services
• Must have experience with Agile development, and have managed teams following the Scrum process.
• Extensive experience with Multi-Tier, Web-based Data Services, and test automation. Experience with Continuous Integration.
• Experience with complex applications involving large data volumes, scalable rich internet services, and server side development and testing, are highly desired
• Experience influencing an organization to adopt new best practices and tools that enable them
• Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated in dealing with colleagues, direct reports, and customers
- Date Posted:
- Oct 28, 2015 1:49 PM PDT
- Move Canada
- Move Canada
- Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an... more