Keycafe is a Vancouver based startup facilitating property access for the sharing economy. We are a fast growing company looking to ship scalable code that users love.
You are a prized software developer looking to join a company with a market tested product about to take flight.
As a software engineer at Keycafe you will build platform features and applications for our product. You will be responsible for the planning, design and implementation of software. You will work in a highly collaborative team using the agile development process.
Required skills and experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Responsive CSS
- jQuery/jQuery UI
- Multi-browser and multi-platform support
- Strong written and verbal English
- Independent worker, and quick learner
- Java and/or Grails
- Scalable architecture design
- MVC design pattern
- Android Development
- Familiarity with REST web services
- Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket)
- IntelliJ IDEA and/or Eclipse
- Spring and Hibernate
- Continuous Integration
- Test Driven Design
- You like to work hard and finish projects quickly.
- You move quickly, make decisions and take calculated risks.
- You want to produce scalable code that can grow rapidly
- We like to work in small rapid iterations
- We like to communicate constantly and ensure the whole team is working toward a common goal.
- We like to get things done.
- Date Posted:
- Nov 4, 2013 3:11 PM PST
- Keycafe Inc.
Keycafe is the leading key exchange solution for Airbnb hosts, condo residents, property managers, and real estate agents. We have over 100 cafe partners in Vancouver, New York, and San Francisco and are adding new cafes every week. Keycafe allows anyone to share their keys securely and conveniently. Keycafe is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown neighborhood. Keycafe solves the property access puzzle for the... more