PetroFeed is a digital industry network to co-ordinate and manage work in the field for the energy industry. We are one of Canada's top funded technology start-ups and are on track to modernize the world’s largest industry. We build elegant and easy-to-use products using the latest technologies in a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate about user-focused design and bringing the concepts from social networking to the energy industry.
We are looking for enthusiastic people who are excited by the idea of changing the way that the world's largest industry works!
How We Work
Our cross-functional agile team values open communication, collaboration, and arriving at clean and easy-to-understand solutions to problems. We prefer simple solutions over complex ones, are willing to release “not quite perfect but perfect enough” code, and understand that re-factoring is a critical part of building great software. We value team commitment and a “leave your title at the door” mentality, and believe the world could always use more whiteboards. We have a flexible and open work space in a fun and creative start-up atmosphere.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with members of our product team (product managers, developers, testers, and UX designers) to contribute to ideas for new features and functionality.
- Use a variety of modern web technologies, design, build out, and test core services and APIs for our mobile and web platforms.
- Design and implement front-end web UIs to create a unique and compelling user experience.
- Participate in all aspects of our agile development process including iteration planning, estimation, architecture, code and design reviews, automated testing, and backlog grooming.
- Improve our agile software practices and team capabilities by sharing knowledge, experience, technical leadership, and opinions on how to deliver great commercial software products.
- Demonstrated experience writing code for web-based software products that have been deployed in production environments.
- Familiar with concepts behind front-end frameworks and libraries such as node.js, React.js, Angular.js, JQuery, Ember, Component, Rails.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and continuous integration.
- Experience deploying software to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud hosting environments an asset.
- Experience with Docker an asset.
- University degree in computer science or engineering preferred. Relevant industry experience will be considered in lieu.
- 7+ years of industry experience showing a progressive increase in responsibility.
- Enthusiasm for agile development methodologies and willingness to actively contribute to the evolution of our software engineering process.
Benefits to Working at PetroFeed:
- Actively participate as a contributor and influencer on a high-performance agile team working to change an industry with disruptive technology.
- Stock options in an early-stage, fully-funded, private company that is rich with talent.
- Unlimited paid vacation and flexible working hours.
- Standard health, dental, life, accidental death, and dismemberment benefits.
We want to hear from you! Please send your resume and a brief introduction email with the subject line “Senior Software Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 8, 2015 10:10 AM PDT
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PetroFeed is a network that makes it easy for anyone to monitor and research industry activity while connecting you to the people, companies and services you need to get things done. Our mission is to make the oil and gas industry more connected and accessible. more