We have an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team. You will work in a Scrum team to design and develop services that power online applications serving millions of consumers seeking real estate information across North America.
This is an excellent career building opportunity as you are involved in various stages of software development cycle, collaborate closely with a team of talented colleagues and leverage cutting edge technologies to produce industry-leading software products.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for technical design, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
• Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
• Participate in peer design and code reviews
• Deliver quality code by applying sound development practices
• Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
• Contribute to guidelines and coding standards used for building software components that are easy to maintain, troubleshoot, and test
• Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
• Propose solutions/improvements based on latest industry innovations and trends
• Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 8+ years of hands-on coding experience developing complex, large scale software systems
• Proficiency in C# and .NET is required, expertise in at least one other modern programming language would be an asset
• Solid experience with large relational database systems and distributed database environment, preferably MS SQL Server
• Knowledge of service oriented architecture and experience of building web services that handle heavy load with high availability requirements.
• NoSQL database (MongoDB) experience is an asset.
• Experience using SOLR or other search engines is an asset
• Familiar with Windows server platform. Development experience on Linux platform is an asset
• Excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, to take ideas and drive them to clarity and/or implementation. Quick prototyping skills a definite plus.
• Ability to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
• Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and maintain focus on the quality of deliverables with a results-based orientation
What we offer …
• Challenging work that delivers innovative solutions to our customers
• Cutting edge software delivery methodology and software development tools
• Exposure to enterprise level software development and delivery platforms
• Continuous learning and training to build deep product, technical, and professional skills; and
• Competitive rewards and benefits
• Opportunities for career advancement and mobility
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “Senior Software Engineer” from the list of available positions. We thank all applicants in advance and will directly contact those who are selected for interviews.
- Date Posted:
- Oct 29, 2014 8:53 AM PDT
- Move Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and... more