Join the Nest, become a HootSuite Owl!
BC's Best Company to Work for in 2012, and Techvibes Employer of the Year in 2013.
As a Software Engineer at HootSuite, you'll work on a team of talented and passionate engineers to build and ship industry-leading software that millions depend on -- including 75% of the Fortune 1,000 companies.
We’re looking for amazing engineers with extensive software development backgrounds who love iOS and mobile apps, love tackling difficult problems, and love providing technical leadership to small teams.
At HootSuite, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to learn, you'll collaborate with other outstanding engineers, and you'll play an active role in shaping our product and our culture.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
- Work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving engineers working on challenging problems.
- Collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to HootSuite's customers.
- Help shape our long-term technical roadmap as we build the next generation of our mobile apps and APIs.
- Iterate in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration.
- Find opportunities to lead by nurturing the development of more junior Engineers.
- Share your knowledge within the Engineering team as well as within the broader technical community by giving tech talks and writing blog posts.
- Shape our engineering culture by improving our processes and codebases.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of software development experience in Objective-C, C, or Java.
- 2+ years working with iOS and Objective-C. You’ve shipped at least one app to the App Store and understand the ins and outs of using blocks, delegation, AutoLayout, CoreData, and the latest iOS APIs.
- Proven skills leading teams to create high-performance applications in Objective-C, C++, or Java. You’ve got a portfolio of large projects you’ve help drive to completion.
- Deep understanding of the process of building, debugging, and profiling Objective-C apps.
- Experience mentoring, coaching, or managing more junior engineers.
- Passion for automation, including writing unit tests and automation tests. Bonus points if you’re experienced with OCUnit, KIF, or Frank.
- Experience working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs).
- A desire to move fast, ship things, make our customers happy, and get things done.
- A history of open source contributions and/or personal projects you’ve shipped.
- You have a sizeable portfolio of 'Difficult problems... solved'
- You like to ship things you design and build
- You like to move fast
- You like to make decisions
- You like to take calculated risks
- You have a github account with public projects, not just forks.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 29, 2014 8:57 PM PDT
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more