Vancouver, BC Canada
Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to transform messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 7 nests around the globe, you will have 900+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth every day.
You’ll also have the flexibility to take your skills where you want. Leadership track? Guru track? Whichever path you choose, you’ll play an active role in shaping how it all unfolds.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You will work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving engineers working on challenging problems. You will collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to Hootsuite's customers. You will also help shape our long-term technical roadmap as we build the next generation of our mobile apps and APIs. You will iterate in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration, find opportunities to lead by nurturing the development of more junior Engineers and share your knowledge within the Engineering team as well as within the broader technical community by giving tech talks and writing blog posts. You will help shape our engineering culture by improving our processes and codebases.
You're Great At...
- Developing and maintaining software using Objective-C and/or Swift. You are experienced in building, debugging and profiling apps.
- Working with iOS. You understand the ins and outs of the latest iOS APIs.
- Shipping. You have at least one app in the App Store.
- Creating high-performance applications.
- Mentoring more junior engineers.
- Automating testing.
- Refactoring. When you see things that could be better, you take action.
- Working with APIs (REST, 3rd party social network).
- Making customers happy by delivering high quality software products.
- You have a sizeable portfolio of 'Difficult problems... solved'.
- You like to ship things you design and build.
- You have experience with large, complex, mature software applications.
- You like to move fast, make decisions, and take calculated risks.
- You have a github account with public projects, not just forks.
- You have contributed to open source projects.
- Date Posted:
- May 28, 2015 12:21 PM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more