Join the Nest, become a HootSuite Owl!
BC's Best Company to Work for in 2012, and Techvibes Employer of the Year in 2013.
As a Software Engineer at HootSuite, you'll work on a team of talented and passionate engineers to build and ship industry-leading software that millions depend on -- including 75% of the Fortune 1,000 companies.
At HootSuite, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to learn, you'll collaborate with other outstanding engineers, and you'll play an active role in shaping our product and our culture.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
- Work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving engineers working on challenging problems
- Collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to HootSuite's customers
- Help shape our long-term technical roadmap as we scale our infrastructure and build new products
- Iterate in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments
- Coach, lead, and nurture the development of more junior Engineers
- Share your knowledge within the Engineering team as well as within the broader technical community
- Shape our engineering culture by improving our processes and codebases
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven skills building high-performance, large-scale, distributed server applications - you have a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Experience with libraries like require.js, backbone.js, underscore.js, or angular.js
- Familiarity with (and an opinion on) NoSQL data stores
- Experience working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- A DevOps mentality: you cultivate an understanding of the servers and systems your code runs on
- Optimization and performance best practices
- A passion for automation, including writing unit and integration tests
- A desire to move fast, ship things, make our customers happy, and get things done
- A history of open source contributions and/or personal projects you’ve shipped
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or related experience
- Date Posted:
- Jan 31, 2014 5:00 PM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more