Join the Nest, become a HootSuite Owl!
BC's Best Company to Work for in 2012, and Techvibes Employer of the Year in 2013.
As a Software Engineer at HootSuite, you'll work on a team of talented and passionate engineers to build and ship industry-leading software that millions depend on -- including 75% of the Fortune 1,000 companies.
We’re looking for passionate Senior Java or Scala engineers who have experience building high-volume services that run on the JVM. You should be very familiar with -- and excited about! -- building distributed systems and message-driven architectures.
At HootSuite, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to learn, you'll collaborate with other outstanding engineers, and you'll play an active role in shaping our product and our culture.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
- Work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving engineers working on challenging problems
- Collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to HootSuite's customers
- Help shape our long-term technical roadmap as we build the next generation of our most critical services
- Iterate in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments
- Coach, lead, and nurture the development of more junior Engineers
- Share your knowledge within the Engineering team as well as within the broader technical community
- Shape our engineering culture by improving our processes and codebases
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven skills leading teams to create high-performance applications in Java or Scala - you’ve got a portfolio of large projects you’ve help drive to completion
- Experience creating high-level architectural roadmaps as well as contributing low-level code to build and optimize these architectures
- Experience working with high-throughput distributed systems in a production environment
- Experience using Actor systems (e.g. Akka), Future/Promise constructs, or message-driven architecture
- A love of learning and a strong desire to mentor more junior engineers
- Strong knowledge of MySQL (or other RDMBS) and Memcached
- Familiarity with functional programming (Haskell, Scheme, Clojure)
- A passion for automation, unit testing, and making your work visible
- A desire to move fast, ship things, make our customers happy, and get things done
- A history of open source contributions and/or personal projects you’ve shipped
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or related experience
- Date Posted:
- Feb 9, 2014 4:46 PM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more