MPC is one of the world's leading post production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for feature films, advertising, music and television. Technology is at the heart of the company, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team who develop and maintain the infrastructure on which the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy for the position of Senior Systems Support in the Systems team. The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a very experienced and self-sufficient technical leader, dedicated to maintaining a healthy technology infrastructure and inspiring a proactive work ethic in his or her team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong technical skillset, responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systems
- Proven ability to administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
- Windows and Linux based server administration
- Technical understanding of large scale networking and routing with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Responsible for daily communications with multiple global technology support teams
- Proactive and ongoing use of monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention
- Identifying and remediating storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
- Ensuring the timely and successful completion of all data backups
- Experience with managing data center power and cooling systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with operations staff surrounding technology issues
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high performance computing environment
- Excellent background in both Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred) and Windows Server administration.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.); knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing.
- Proven ability to manage and support large-scale high-performance storage.
- Shell scripting
- VMware experience
- Microsoft Exchange experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Able to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
This is a 1 year contract position to start.
Apply to this position directly on our website.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 22, 2014 11:37 AM PDT
- Moving Picture Company
We are a creative studio. We craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. We have been one of the global leaders in VFX for over 25 years and counting, with industry-leading facilities in London, Vancouver, Montréal, Los Angeles, New York, Amsterdam, Bangalore and Mexico City. Renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the advertising, film and entertainment industries, some... more