Hostway Corporation is a leader in Cloud, Managed, and Hybrid Hosting. Hostway delivers reliable, secure, and scalable Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions to over 500,000 customers worldwide. Hostway has emerged as one of the largest cloud hosting and Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers in the world due to the company’s expertise in developing secure, multi-tenant hosting environments and is committed to providing SMB's and large enterprises with cost effective business solutions. Hostway’s core products include Managed Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Web Hosting and Email and Applications. For more information about Hostway, please visit http://www.hostway.com.
Hostway is looking for a Korean-speaking Senior Systems Administrator to join our team and work on an exciting project with a large client we have in Korea. The Senior Systems Administrator will be a member of the Systems Operations team contributing to the development and maintenance of Linux/Windows web hosting computer systems as well as reporting system statuses to management in both verbal and written formats. You are an excellent communicator, interfacing key stakeholders including Global NOC, Technical Support, R&D and occasionally Project Managers. The successful incumbent has desire and patience to work with other members of the staff to fix and improve existing services as well as add new ones.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Coordinating with Technical Support to resolve all system-related customer issues.
• System monitoring, maintenance and configuration on several variants of Linux, BSD and Windows 2008/2012.
• Installation and configuration of various equipment including Dell PowerEdge, Custom built servers and storage boxes as well as HP and foundry switches.
• Install/monitor/administer new Internet accessible and/or application servers running several variants of Linux (primarily Redhat Enterprise and Ubuntu) as well as Windows 2008/2012.
• Creating trouble tickets and escalating them appropriately and in a timely fashion by use of ticketing and/or notification procedures.
• Manage spam and security related issues.
• Automating administration tasks by writing scripts such as PERL, Shell, C, python, VBScript , powershell and/or .NET as well as be familiar with Puppet deployment.
• Installation, configuration, optimization and maintenance of network services including but not limited to Apache, Bind/MyDNS/PowerDNS, Sendmail/Postfix/Exim and FTP.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be fluent in Korean – both verbal and written.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or another similar technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 5 years of experience in a systems administrator role.
• Previous experience with System Administration is a must; preferably with both Linux and Windows.
• Familiarity with system administration on several variants of Linux, including but not limited to Debian, RH, Centos and Windows 2008/2012.
• Proven abilities to promptly and effectively diagnose and remedy serious UNIX-related and Windows-related problems and failures.
• Demonstrated abilities to perform periodic software and hardware system updates, upgrades, backups/restoration and security patches.
• Experience with Shell scripting, PERL or C is required.
• Working knowledge of clustering (i.e. Windows cluster and/or Linux LVS).
• High-level organizational and communication skills.
• Excellent team player with high-level problem solving skills.
• Previous experience in a specialized focus in one of the following areas: backups, mail systems, vmware, nagios, Windows Hyper-V, High Availability, Database, etc.
• Possessing RHCE/LPI certification and working knowledge of SQL and LDAP are assets.
• Networking hardware, Dell and Custom Intel.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
To be considered, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please include the position title in the subject line of your email and reference number SA041814CC .
- Date Posted:
- May 15, 2014 12:06 PM PDT
- Hostway Global Web Solutions
Since opening our doors in 1998, Hostway has been committed to bringing the power of the Internet to our customers across the globe with innovative and easy-to-use products that are supported by unmatched customer service. One of the top-five leading Web hosting companies, our experience gives us the skills to guide our customers through the process of getting on the Web by continually developing new, easy-to-use... more