Do you often find yourself thinking of ways to innovate and improve? Are you a strong believer in building a solid foundation with a bigger picture view? If your answers are YES, we’d like to start a conversation with you!
Piranha Games has opportunities for Systems Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. In this position, you will be hands on and demonstrate solid C++ programming experience in the Systems area. It’s a diverse role for someone who wants to hone their skills in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What you will be doing:
• Design, write, debug and refine robust and highly scalable systems
• Develop and optimize code and data structures
• Interface with other engineering teams, including networking, operations, and rendering
• Document systems thoroughly, both in terms of design and implementation
• May participates in the analysis and mitigation of risk in systems engineering schedule
• Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities as required
What you will bring with you:
• 3+ years’ experience in systems engineering
• Strong background in C/C++ and in cross-platform development with Windows and Linux
• Experience creating, integrating, re-factoring large software systems
• Solid understanding of client-server architecture within a game environment
• A Strong understanding of online games, including low-level networking, back-end and internet connection issues and solutions.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs and UDP/TCP protocols
• Strong debugging skills
• Knowledge of basic security principles such as encryption and hashing
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment
What we consider as pluses!
• Experience developing First Person Shooter (FPS) multiplayer games, ideally with highly scalable Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games
• Console experience
• Knowledge in SQL, Python, Lua, and PHP
• Experience with CryEngine 3
• Experience working within Agile Game Development methodologies
• Passion for multiplayer and online gaming
• Cloud Experience
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we invite you to submit your resume directly through this posting.
We thank you for your interests in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 23, 2014 12:05 PM PST
- Piranha Games
One of the industry's veteran independent developers, Piranha Games is fast becoming a much bigger fish in the Free-to-Play game marketplace. We are alive and thriving in the pond because we're strong on talent, management, and the alliances we have made with industry leaders. Our core competencies lay in Excellence through Passion, Creativity, and Humility. more