Who are we?
Armed with a handful of gifted developers, Big Viking Games sailed into action in 2011, set on taking the social and mobile gaming world by storm. From Facebook to iOS, Big Viking Games has demonstrated a mastery of the free-to-play model on a variety of platforms. In a short time, the company has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. In just three years, we've grown from humble beginnings in London, ON to over 65 Vikings with a second development studio in Toronto, ON. With even bigger goals for 2015, Big Viking Games will need reinforcements. And that's where you come in.
The Nitty Gritty:
The primary responsibility of a full-time Senior UI Designer is to help ensure quality & consistency of UI assets and designs.
- Working with other designers and artists to build upon the existing art style, as well as assist in developing new art styles for upcoming titles
- Working independently and collaboratively with team members to develop UI workflow and design
- Lead the charge in conceptualizing, developing and directing the visual style of the games' UI signature.
- Creating 2D art assets which are to be used within the games; this includes characters, environments, objects and vehicles.
- Developing creative materials and design concepts that meet the style and business objectives of the company
- Taking verbal concepts through to final execution of artwork
- Working closely with other artists along with game designers and producers to ship quality games on time and on budget
- 5+ years of experience creating UI designs in the social/mobile gaming space
- B.A. or B.F.A in design, multimedia or equivalent experience
- Extensive Adobe Photoshop experience, along with experience in Illustrator & Flash
- Strong understanding of UI and usability principles
- Ability to rapidly produce concepts and wireframes for designers/developers to work from
- Awareness of current trends in web and game UI development
- Ability to iterate quickly in a demanding environment
- Experience taking features from concept to final in-game art
- Excellent UI concept sketching ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and successfully
- Strong background in multiple 2D disciplines
- Should possess excellent colour management skills
- Task driven, self-motivate and proactive
- Must possess a passion for games
- Competitive salaries with generous time off policies
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits
- Employee stock option plan; this way we all get to celebrate in the success
- We are proud to be self-funded because this allows us to work and deliver the projects we are proud of
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work or even in the middle afternoon by going to paintball, movies, Canada's Wonderland, and a patio to name a few in addition to various in-studio events. All work and no play makes for a dull Viking.
- Stocked kitchen, breakfast & hot catered lunches daily! Viking can't work on an empty stomach.
- A gaming lounge with competition grade foosball, Street Fighter 2 Classic Arcade Machine, XBOX 360 & PS4. Kick back and relax or dominate your fellow Vikings (in a totally HR friendly way).
- If you cannot live without caffeine like us, we have an arsenal of freshly roasted coffee beans which can be crafted into great coffees, espressos or lattes just for you!
- Free in-studio registered massage therapy. Viking muscles need love too.
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 26, 2015 12:51 PM PDT
- Big Viking Games
- Big Viking Games
- London, Ontario, Canada
Big Viking Games is a leading social and mobile game development studio. The company focuses on making fans both externally and internally and has been recognized as the Globe and Mail's Top 100 Employer for 2014 and Top 50 Employer for Young People. With studios in London, Ontario and Toronto, Ontario our team of developers, artists and game designers are industry specialists who embrace the... more