One Net Marketing is a full service digital marketing agency actively servicing large SaaS, Tech and Digital Entertainment companies in the US. Current clients include Google, Intuit and Thomson Reuters.
Our work actually goes live!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented, motivated and charismatic Senior UI/UX Designer to join our team in Victoria BC. This is a full time in-office position. We are located downtown Victoria on Johnson Street - just 4 blocks from the inner harbour and float plane terminal.
We offer a fun energetic work environment, competitive salaries, flex hours, generous vacation, excellent benefits and other perks.
The Senior UI/UX Designer concepts and executes design deliverables for all client sites, internal web properties, and transmedia or cross platform products. His or her design is expected to reflect an innovative approach and excellence in its creativity and its problem-solving focus.
The Senior UI/UX Designer is responsible for generating conceptually and technically strong work. You will work with your team to create UI concepts, sitemaps, use-cases, flow charts, wireframes and code-ready PSD files for sites, web apps, mobile apps and games. You and your team will create UI style guides and work closely with the development team to ensure your designs are properly transferred into code.
In this senior role, s/he is versant in UX design methodologies and is expected to manage and collaborate effectively with junior designers and external contractors.
Part of this responsibility involves on-going training, leadership and proactive management for design and UX related projects as well as design reviews and quality control for all work produced by your team.
- Lead and mentor other UI/UX and designers, with an emphasis on constant team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Act in a consultant capacity, providing advice and expert opinion on usability related issues that evolve throughout the concepting, planning and design states of all user interface and user experience projects
- Consult with clients and internal marketing team to identify and solve usability problems
- Study and gain deep understanding of client products, sites and user types (customers)
- Translate creative briefs into concepts (composites) of your UI design and vision.
- Create flow charts representing use cases for intended user interactions. Example: Admin vs. user
- Create interactive wireframes to express your designs to clients and the development team
- Create highly organized, code-ready, PSD files
- Set milestones, due dates and identify all dependencies required to complete your UI design projects
- Gather and maintain client assets including brand guides, photography, fonts, icon sets, logo files and other graphic assets
- Ensure design deadlines are met and clearly communicate any blockers, or dependencies, that may prevent you from hitting deadlines
- Write rationales explaining your UI design decisions and recommendations
- Conduct through QA for all UI design and related assets to ensure compliance with client brand guides and internal design standards
- Research and propose new design concepts based on new design trends and usability patterns
- Manage tickets assigned to you and create tickets for team members that you depend on to achieve your UI designs and deadlines
- Clearly communicate (well in advance) dependencies, or missing assets/resources, or problems that might prevent you from achieving your milestones and deadlines
- Write and contribute to UI and UX related blog posts
- 5+ years experience creating or improving user interfaces for website, web app and mobile apps
- A bachelor’s degree in visual arts, industrial design or equivalent industry experience
- Proven ability to set realistic milestones and due dates and motivate a team to deliver accordingly
- Proven experience writing user stories, creating wireframes, prototypes and IA diagrams
- Strong communications skills and comfort communicating with developers as well as with clients
- Strong project and team management skills
- Expert level in Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in iOS and Android design
- Working knowledge of conversion optimization and web analytics
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- A versatile attitude with ability to work in a small team
- Artistic creative mind with ability to rationalize UI design decisions
HOW TO APPLY
Superstar team players are welcome to apply. Superstar attitudes need not apply. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Senior UI / UX Designer”.
Please Include links to personal web projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email. All applicants will receive a response.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- The One Net Marketing team
- Date Posted:
- Dec 7, 2015 3:13 PM PST
- One Net Marketing Inc.
- One Net Marketing Inc.
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
We are One Net Marketing. We are a full-service digital agency with one goal: do amazing work that builds your business. You know the possibilities in digital. We’ll show you the right channels and help you grow. Our agency creates and executes multi-channel digital marketing campaigns for tech brands and SaaS companies. We’ll help you maximize market impact, acquire new customers and retain... more