Move Canada seeks a Senior User Experience Designer to re-imagine our industry-leading SaaS products for real estate professionals. You’ll also be working closely with the recently acquired Reesio team and have the chance to work in a startup culture with the support of a large company.
The right candidate is a forward-thinking designer who always puts the user first, and has a strong background in all aspects of design, from IA to UI, delivering the full stack of user experience design deliverables. You’ll apply creativity to reach business goals, interact with product management and engineering, and craft responsive web applications from early stage concepts to implementation.
It’s an exciting time to join Realtor.com’s User Experience Design (UED) team! With new executive leadership and a highly focused and motivated team, we’re passionate about solving real customer problems with simple, beautiful software.
Are you up for it? Wonderful – Let’s talk!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create the user interface of key customer experiences concentrating on end-to-end scenarios and key user tasks
• Hands-on design of responsive web apps including: user experience design concepts, wireframes, visual design mock-ups, usage scenarios, task analysis, high and low fidelity prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, style guidelines, and other UX design deliverables – from early stage concepts to implementation
• Participate in the product definition process with Product Management and Engineering; explore and develop alternative approaches to meeting product requirements to reach optimal solutions to design problems that balance customer need, business constraints, and technical considerations
• Achieve consensus and communicate design rationale and requirements
• Develop expert level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
• Understand current design patterns and guidelines for responsive web design and create coherent cross-device experiences
• Proactively collaborate with others to improve processes, remove obstacles, and simplify problems contributing to the advancement of product design
• Appreciates critical feedback (both giving and receiving) and seeks it out in reviews with peers, stakeholders and research. Really listens to the feedback and can balance multiple, sometimes conflicting, inputs when arriving at a final design
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (UX/Visual Design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or similar degrees preferred)
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience as a designer of online applications
• Experience with Responsive Web Design
• An online portfolio with examples of interaction design and visual design that demonstrate a user-centric intersection of content, business, technology, and design
• Knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX Design best practices, trends and emerging technologies
• Demonstrated ability to analyze an application and transform the design to make it simple and easy to use
• Exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiating skills. You are able to articulate complex design ideas and inspire a product team
• Self-motivated, organized, and proactive; demonstrates a passion to improve design
• Experienced with enterprise UI/SaaS conventions and standards, yet forward-thinking and interested in new approaches to advancing the software used by businesses
• Ability to thrive with various design methods and processes, including Agile and iterative development
• Experience with major design tools such as Adobe suite and Sketch/InVision and some major wire framing and prototyping tools
• Experience with HTML and CSS a plus
For more details about careers at Move Canada, please visit us at www.movecareers.ca. To apply, please select "Senior User Experience Designer" from the list of available positions.
- Move Canada
- Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an... more