FreshBooks is the #1 cloud accounting solution designed for small business owners. Since 2004, over 5 million people have used FreshBooks for tracking time, organizing expenses and invoicing clients online and in the cloud. We're a small team working towards a common goal: building an awesome online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Senior User Experience Designer
Join one of our Product Development teams as a Senior User Experience Designer defining experiences our customers will use to run their small businesses better. You'll work with world-class team members on teams that ship real software to customers every week. You will learn, embrace, and extend our User Experience Design Principles and Patterns that make our product a joy to use. As a member of one of our agile teams you'll tackle aggressive sprint schedules to deliver outstanding experiences, but you'll also have dedicated time for high level explorations and cross disciplinary collaboration with peers across all of FreshBooks.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Seek to deeply understand the problems you're solving for our customers, and explore multiple high-level approaches to solving them.
- Create consistent, high quality user interface mockups/walk-throughs for review with peers and Design Leads.
- Design prototypes and Perform usability testing on Design work completed by your team and others.
- Report on usability test results to your team and Design Leads.
- Take an iterative approach to design based on user feedback and peer review.
- Critique your peer Designers experiences, to help them improve their craft.
- Contribute to our Design Standards, UX Guidelines, and UX Patterns.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- Experience as a User Experience Designer working on a world-class product or online service.
- A passion for the "why" of Design, as well as the "what".
- An egoless attitude toward design and a passion to learn and grow every day.
- Leadership experience
Why join Product Development at FreshBooks?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company can be, and have the opportunity to help shape the software we deliver in a world-class start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
Does this sound like it might be worth exploring more? Submit your application today, and our friendly recruitment team will be in-touch shortly.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 27, 2015 10:10 AM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more