Vancouver, BC Canada
Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to transform messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 7 nests around the globe, you will have 900+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth every day.
You’ll also have the flexibility to take your skills where you want. Leadership track? Guru track? Whichever path you choose, you’ll play an active role in shaping how it all unfolds.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You will work closely and collaboratively within an agile team of product managers, developers, and designers to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches, and deliverables. You will incorporate all available qualitative and quantitative UX inputs including customer research and feedback, product usage data, and usability findings in all design activities to enable strategic design.
You have a strong interest in gaining experience in the mobile space and will be creating design solutions for Hootsuite’s mobile products based on usability, business goals, and technology considerations. These solutions may take the form of interaction models, UI sketches, prototypes, mockups, and detailed specifications to achieve ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our mobile products.
You will present your design explorations, solutions, and tradeoff rationale to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively to team partners and senior stakeholders. You proactively assess and evaluate new technologies and tools that benefit Hootsuite’s processes and user experiences, and explore competitive products and design approaches to promote innovation and identify emerging best practices. You are an advocate and responsibly educate across the organization in user-centered design methodologies and design thinking.
You're great at...
- Creating user interface designs and design thinking, including process sketches, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes for multiple form factors and platforms (e.g., web, Android, iOS, mobile web, smartphone, tablet)
- Effectively working in a cross-disciplinary team to define, prioritize, and deliver creative solutions
- Delivering interactive prototypes through Pixate, Flinto, or other popular prototyping tools
- Experience in Mobile, iOS, Android, mobile web, smartphone, tablet
- Experience working in and leading teams within agile design and development teams
- Experience in social media software design and/or user experiences involving multiple partner APIs
- Art direction, visual design, branding for software
- Date Posted:
- Nov 20, 2015 1:00 AM PST
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more