HootSuite is looking for a Senior UX Designer to create customer-focused solutions and provide hands-on design direction for multiple products. This design leader is an expert in web user interfaces who can inspire, lead, and deliver great product UI designs.
You have an exceptional portfolio comprised of examples of translating a vision and goals into usable interaction designs and UI specifications. You must be a passionate designer with strong analytical skills, excellent interdisciplinary collaboration and communication, and a dogged determination to do what is right for HootSuite’s customers.
- Work closely and collaboratively within an agile team of product managers, developers, and designers to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches, and deliverables.
- Incorporate all available qualitative and quantitative UX inputs including customer research and feedback, product usage data, and usability findings in all design activities to enable strategic design.
- Create design solutions for HootSuite’s products based on usability, business goals, and technology considerations. These solutions may take the form of interaction models, UI sketches, prototypes, mockups, and detailed specifications to achieve ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our products.
- Present your design explorations, solutions, and tradeoff rationale to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively to team partners and senior stakeholders.
- Proactively assess and evaluate new technologies and tools that benefit HootSuite’s processes and user experiences.
- Explore competitive products and design approaches to promote innovation and identify emerging best practices.
- Advocate and responsibly educate across the organization in user-centered design methodologies and design thinking
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 8 years of work experience in UX Design
- At least 1 year of work experience managing one or more designers
- Bachelor of Arts or Design in a relevant field (interactive design, new media, usability)
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating user interface designs and design thinking, including process sketches, user flows, and wireframes for multiple form factors and platforms (e.g., smartphone, tablet, desktop).
- Demonstrable experience in effectively working in a cross-disciplinary team to define, prioritize, and deliver creative solutions.
- Ability to deliver interactive prototypes through Axure, InVision, Flinto, or other popular prototyping tools
- Experience working in and leading teams within agile design and development teams
- Experience in social media software design and/or user experiences involving multiple partner APIs
- Art direction, visual design, branding for software
- Date Posted:
- Jul 30, 2014 11:23 AM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more