Location: Markham, Ontario
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Health Benefits and Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Sulon Technologies is redefining reality by changing the way we interact with our environment. We are creating advanced technology that combines Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality into a unique spatial experience that will leave you questioning what is real and what isn’t.
We are seeking a Senior User Experience Designer with strong interest and proficiencies in design and development of user experiences. This position requires a strong understanding of the user experience, and explore many difference approaches to solving a user problem. You will play an integral role in the development of The Cortex and will be expected to provide technical leadership in the design, user execution and user interface.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
Key responsibilities/accountabilities will consists of (but are not limited to):
- Lead and participate in the design, creation and improvement of the Sulon Technologies Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) experiences, including user interaction, comfort and visual experience, in a variety of experience types including entertainment and practical activities.
- You will be required to keep up to date with cutting-edge research and technologies in the field of Design, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
- Build team consensus around new and emerging AR & VR design practices in a growing mixed disciplinary team to deliver a leading user experience in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Visual Design, Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction. Interaction Design (Bachelor’s or Master’s).
- 5+ years of experience in user design for software and web applications that leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Proven real world experience in driving, leading, creating and communicating the UX/UI design and management.
- In-depth practical and theoretical knowledge of concept development and interaction design.
- Strong knowledge of display technologies and experience researching, designing, visual communication
- Strong background using various software Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and associated design tools.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling
- True team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the team’s success.
- Creative problem solver with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- You thrive in a Leadership based, fast-paced, results-oriented, Start-Up environment.
- A desire to lead and mentor by example.
- Your passionate about new technologies, quick and rapidly iterated Innovation cycles.
- Self-driven individual with excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude.
- Strong interest in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
WHAT WE OFFER
Perks include flexibility in work schedules, free snacks and an atmosphere of fun where work feels like play. Sulon also offers competitive salaries, health benefits and eligibility to participate in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
Superheroes wanted! Join our team, share our mission – Redefine Reality! We look forward to hearing from you! Please note only that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sulon Technologies.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 28, 2015 1:02 AM PDT
- Sulon Technologies
- Sulon Technologies
- Markham, Ontario, Canada
Sulon Technologies is elevating entertainment with the Cortex, the first fully immersive spatial virtual reality platform. This wireless, wear-and-play device transforms any physical space into a dynamic holodeck-like augmented environment, allowing users to step into worlds adapted to their surroundings. more