Mobify is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our R&D Product team, based in downtown Vancouver.
This is a role for a multi-talented individual who will bring a wide set of skills and experience to the table. You'll work with design, engineering and product management teams to collect actionable insights, formulate design strategies, and help us build better products. We’re looking for a UX specialist who is experienced, curious, passionate, and not afraid to challenge assumptions about our users, our product, our processes, and our company.
About the Job
Your work will range from early-stage formative research to post-release evaluation, and each step in between. We’re looking for someone adaptable, someone who can conduct field research one day, usability studies the next, and make prioritized recommendations based on your findings. You’ll help improve Mobify’s platform for the mobile shopping experience, from web sites to apps to push notifications, across many devices and form factors.
You should be able to balance the tradeoffs between applying different methods while delivering high-quality, high-impact results quickly. You will continually learn from users, think holistically, and share your insights broadly across the company.
- Produce user requirements, personas, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, taxonomies, functional and design specifications
- Collaborate with our Data Analysis Team to execute qualitative and quantitative research. Identify key questions, develop insights that can inform design strategies, articulate to key stakeholders
- Create repeatable processes for gathering user insight, then empower other team members to use those
- Coordinate with delivery teams to manage the interaction design process, drive decisions, track issues, and provide oversight into estimating resource needs and schedules
- Follow through on insights by ensuring they result in product design improvements, changed product priorities, and roadmap enhancements
- Evangelize UX to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations
- 7+ years of experience developing interactive products as a Product Designer, Information Architect, Interaction Designer, or User Experience Designer in a web context
- Portfolio of UX work that demonstrates a strong blend of qualitative UX approaches (interviewing, lab and remote usability testing, field research) and quantitative methods (statistical analysis, log analysis, A/B testing)
- Familiarity with wireframing, rapid in-browser prototyping, and other relevant processes and tools
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Ability to think holistically; plan research that spans different roles including buyer vs user personas
- Independent worker who takes ownership and initiative; ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and when to deliver
- Team-oriented, collaborative, and articulate
- Degree in Computer Science, HCI, Cognitive Psychology a plus.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with e-commerce
- Experience designing for mobile apps as well as web
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is the mobile shopping platform of choice for leading global retailers. We power shopping around the world through web, apps and brick and mortar stores.
Mobify's platform empowers marketers and developers at companies like Ann Taylor, Crocs, ideeli, Leading Hotels of the World, British Telecom and Beyond the Rack to deliver exceptional mobile shopping experiences that improve customer experience, and grow revenue.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada