Vouchr believes that the $120B gift card industry is broken, and we are going to fix it. The gift card giving experience is lame, and gift cards aren't thoughtful gifts. We are on a mission to modernize the gift card industry by building a mobile platform that allows you to craft the perfect gift experience that your friends will love.
We are a small and talented team founded by the former J2Play team (which received funding from the Facebook Fund, and was acquired by gaming giant Electronic Arts). We are located in the Communitech hub, in Kitchener Waterloo, and are venture backed by prominent members of Google, Facebook, Google Ventures, American Express and Xtreme Labs.
Vouchr is looking for a Server Developer to add to its core engineering team. You are a hands-on developer that loves to ship code every week, and has a keen attention to detail. As a part of the Vouchr team, you will be moving quickly in an agile environment. You will constantly be learning, and will be working with world-class founders, engineers, designers, and product people.
• We have a big vision - we are transforming an industry. You will have the opportunity to build something truly revolutionary.
• We are located in the Communitech hub (The Google building). You will be in a dynamic environment, sharing common areas with like-minded developers and founders working in amazing startups. Have the opportunity to participate in networking events with other entrepreneurs, and free workshops from experts covering many areas from business strategy, new technology to UX design.
• We offer a competitive salary and the possibility of stock options for the right fit.
• We have cool perks, and parking is included!
With a focus on backend server development, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing, and supporting features and infrastructure. Be part of the overall software design and architecture process of our systems
You will be responsible for building and maintained the Vouchr platform APIs and will contribute to the platform migration from Amazon AWS to Google App Engine. This is a great opportunity to work with a tight knit group of developers to build an exciting new app experience and pick up a few new skills along the way.
Bring best practices to our development process. You will be responsible for increasing the quality and testability of our app, as well as improving our flexibility and the speed with which we ship new releases.
• B.Sc., B.Eng, M.Sc., M. Eng. in Computer Science or in software/computer/systems Engineering or equivalent
• 3-5+ years of software development experience, building platforms using JAVA.
• Exceptional software engineering knowledge and foundations
• Experience or interest plus fit in an Agile development environment
• Strong communication skills in a pair-programming and a client-services environment
• Facebook SDK experience an asset
• Knowledge of Objectify, jQuery, RequireJS, BackboneJS & Spline or Google Apps Engine experience an asset
• NoSQL experience an asset
• Be able to QA their own and others work in a timely manner
• Versed with code versioning control systems like Git, GitHub, and SVN
• Ad-hoc tool creation and scripting an asset. Solve problems.
• Be a team player, and be good with contributing to a fast and iterative environment
• You must want to learn everything about mobile and should love the industry
• Experience with integration of web services, social networking services
• Experience in web application development a plus (frontend and backend — J2SE)
Want to be part of an exciting company and exceptional team? We’d like to hear from you! Send your resume to Jobs@vouc.hr.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 30, 2013 8:59 PM PDT