Every day, Rebellion connects millions of people to personalized content through our family of websites, mobile apps and e-stores. In the categories of health, technology, women and sports, Rebellion acquires successful digital brands, then boosts them to the next level by applying a smart mix of tools and skills. We believe in taking risks, we’re not afraid of failure, and we think it’s a mistake to build a business if you can’t have some fun along the way.
As a Social Growth Hacker, you will help to implement our social media and email marketing strategy, build brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and aid in growing our online communities within our health team. You should have previous experience publishing social content as well as the ability to measure its effectiveness and report out regularly to the team how your efforts align to our team goals. You must be digitally-savvy, understand social media platforms and be enthusiastic about fostering community amongst our users while building buzz and interacting through social media. We’re looking for someone who not only understands best practices but also how to go beyond them.
Our main focus is a network of health communities focused predominately around chronic health conditions. Interest or experience in this field is a plus.
This job requires expert time management, attention to detail, advanced social platform knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, with a flexible and creative approach.
● Help develop online communities through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+
● Work with Community Manager, Social Media Team, and Content Specialist to develop content strategy
● Source new contributors with specialized knowledge of target subject matter through blogger outreach.
● Assist Content Specialist with co-ordinating the creation, copy-editing, and publication of content on schedule and in accordance with content strategy
● Build and maintain relationships with freelance writers, bloggers, community members.
● Leverage relationships with bloggers, community members, to generate targeted high quality backlinks for SEO.
● Demonstrate a ‘do-it-right-the-first-time’ approach to on-page Search Engine Optimization
● Track success of various content strategies to ensure message is reaching an appropriate audience and creating adequate engagement
● Assist in the execution of email marketing strategy
● University degree or College diploma in marketing, communications, business, technology or related fields
● Minimum 2+ years industry experience
● Passion for technology
● Creative, with the ability to think outside the box
● Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practices.
● Demonstrated success with social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
● Strong grasp of Search Engine Optimization, and how to optimize on-page elements for success
● Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
● Well-spoken with superior written communications skills
● The ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Huge geek at heart with uncanny social skills
Nice to have:
● Experience with WordPress
● Knowledge of HTML
● Graphic design skill set (Photoshop, etc.)
How to Stand out From the Crowd:
1. Have a strong personal brand online.
2. Have examples of how you’ve helped others develop their brand online.
Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Rebellion has a cool office space featuring a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water and RedBull. We have a large patio area great for ad hoc meetings or BBQ’s, and have mixed entertainment including video games, 60” TV’s featuring PS3 and Apple TV, or you can challenge a teammate to a game of foosball.
To express interest, please visit our Careers site at http://www.rebellionmedia.com/job-openings/ and select the Social Growth Hacker posting. (NOTE: Look for the "Apply" button!). All applications will be kept confidential.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 11, 2014 1:12 PM PDT
- Rebellion Media
Every day, Rebellion connects millions of people to personalized content through our family of websites, mobile apps and e-stores. In the categories of health, technology, women and sports, Rebellion acquires successful digital brands, then boosts them to the next level by applying a smart mix of tools and skills. We believe in taking risks, we’re not afraid of failure, and we think it’s a mistake to build a... more