MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
You will contribute to technology that will transform teaching and learning around the world. Our software is used daily by millions of users in more than 20 countries.
• Do you want to make education accessible to more people?
• Do you want to help improve student retention and success?
• Do you want to help provide teachers the tools and knowledge to teach more effectively?
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Engineers at D2L tackle hard problems:
• Distributed, highly available system design
• Excellent and accessible user experience
• Delivering extensibility and open access to data
• Continuous delivery of software
• Architectural transformations
• Big Data analytics and processing
• Security for web and server to server communication
We are using some of the latest technologies to build and deliver a world class product. Your team will have the freedom to choose the right technology for the problem. Currently we are building services that leverage the following technologies:
• Node.js, Nginx, .Net
• Mono, AngularJS
• RabbitMQ, Hadoop, HBase,
• Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL Server
• Puppet, Docker, Mesos, Marathon
LOVE HOW YOU DO IT
Agile, Flexible, and Lean
• Work on an agile development team which includes dedicated Developers, Testers, Designers, a Technical Product Manager, and a Development Manager
• These teams can tackle any problem in any area – you’ll see a variety of problems and technologies
• Any developer can commit code to any product, if that’s what’s needed to get the job done
• Use familiar development tools like ReSharper, dotCover, NUnit, and Git
Open, Collaborative, Improving
• Join one of D2L’s Communities of Practice to sharpen your skills and discuss big picture issues
• Attend one of many internal lunch and learns
• Attend conferences and workshops
• Propose approaches to solve common problems – we welcome all new ideas
• Mentor and learn
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
• You have strong OO Design and coding skills (C#, Java, or C++)
• You understand Computer Science topics (data structures, algorithms, databases and distributed systems, etc…)
• You believe in building high performance quality code
• You think clearly, and can decompose complex problems
• You design clean, complete solutions
• You collaborate effectively, helping your team to find the best solutions to the problems you face
HOW TO APPLY
Go to http://www.d2l.com/careers/jobs/ and search for job ref #D2LCSD. The title on our job site is Software Developer (Kitchener). When applying, please indicate you heard about this job through Techvibes.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 15, 2015 3:59 PM PDT
- D2L Corporation