Affinio is a marketing intelligence platform that leverages the social graph to reveal actionable insights around market audiences. Affinio clients, such as BBC Worldwide, SABMiller, and L’Oréal, are better able to understand their customers and prospects by identifying data-driven personas that naturally exist in their audience leading to better paid and owned content strategies.
Based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, we are empowering the world’s leading brands and agencies to redefine the way they research, plan, and execute marketing strategies. Sound interesting?
Affinio is now looking for a talented and experienced web-stack Software Developer to join our award-winning engineering team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and build API-level products
- Build the tools that enable data-focused research and projects
- Create and test prototypes across distributed systems
- Work with data-science and front-end engineers to create a cohesive software pipeline
What’s in it for you:
Space-age data tech: You’ll be working on the newest and most unexplored frontiers of data on the web.
Autonomy: It's our job to make sure that you'll never feel like a cog in some machine. Every developer has a say in building our product. We’re driven by data: the desire to express and make it understandable, and to learn from our own users. Your decisions help make data make sense.
Work where you’re best: Affinio is remote-friendly or happy to support your relocation to Canada’s east coast.
Stay at the top of your game: Keep your skills sharp! We believe in ongoing professional development and training.
Flexible work hours: Early birds and midnight-oil-burners rejoice!
Be a part of something big: Join a start-up team and help build Affinio from the ground up.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Expert knowledge in a back-end scripting language, such as PHP, Python, Ruby, or Elixir
- Advanced knowledge of frameworks for the language of your choice - when to use them, avoid them, and tradeoffs between 'em.
- Scala knowledge and experience a significant asset
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems architecture, such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of API and SDK building techniques and styles. Specifically, JSON API spec knowledge.
- An insatiable desire to document and test code
- Ability to conquer new skills in a self-reliant manner
- Demonstrated team player and ready to participate in Scrum, team planning activities, etc.
- Proficiency in English
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join the Affinio team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting competition #1604. This posting will remain open until filled.
- Date Posted:
- Feb 22, 2016 2:07 PM PST
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Affinio is a marketing intelligence platform that leverages the social graph to reveal actionable insights around market audiences. Affinio clients, such as BBC Worldwide, SABMiller, and L’Oréal, are better able to understand their customers and prospects by identifying data-driven personas that naturally exist in their audience leading to better paid and owned content strategies. Based out of... more