Since our beginnings in 1997, RDH has been known for excellence in building science. For us, building science is a professional engineering and architectural practice area dedicated to Making Buildings Better through the integration of science with design and construction expertise that complements contemporary engineering and architecture disciplines.
We are looking for a talented, driven individual for a 5 month fixed term position, with potential for longer term employment. This role is key to the initial stages of a larger development project that opens up new business and is ideal for someone who is keen to start a project from the ground up. The ability to be flexible and self-directed in a fast paced team environment is essential.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. Our web site www.rdh.com provides additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture.
Our ideal candidate’s background includes:
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field
- 5+ years professional programming experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in web-based application development, using C#, Java, XML, HTML, CSS, Web Services, AJAX and Enterprise Library, IIS7+
- Familiarity with User Interface design patterns and principles
- Experience building and integrating back-end web services (using AJAX) and interfacing with a database
- Strong Database development skills in a SQL Server database environment
- Strong SQL Server troubleshooting skills such as performance issues and database tuning
- Experience with SQL databases – design and usage
- In-depth knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns
To see a full job description including responsibilities of the role, please see: http://rdh.com/careers/.
Please send a covering letter and resume in one PDF attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Software Developer - VAN as the subject line. No phone calls please.
If you feel that you have the right background and attitude to contribute towards RDH’s continued success, and are legally entitled to work in Canada, we would like to hear from you. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 10, 2014 2:46 PM PDT
- RDH Group
- RDH Group
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We have a passion for making buildings better. Whether it’s as part of a design team for new construction projects or working with a condominium owner group to plan for the renewal of building systems after 30 years of service, our focus is on helping clients make informed decisions that lead to durable and effective buildings. RDH is different. We strive to be recognized as leaders—through... more