Shopify is looking for developers with a passion for solving hard problems using performant code. If you are interested in solving hard problems, creating great products, building new features and improving existing Shopify features, then keep reading.
Shopify is one of the longest continuously developed Rails app on the planet. We care a great deal about code quality. We ship quality code. Various teams deploy new code many times throughout the day. As a Shopify developer, you should enjoy working the full stack of large scale web applications and be open to jumping onto many different types of projects.
Shopify's production scale is massive. We host 90,000+ online stores and regularly see hundreds of millions of requests a day. When you push out new code, thousands of people will see what you built within seconds. Operating on this level is hard but incredibly rewarding.
Teams you could be working on:
- API: Building the layer that connects Shopify to anything and everything.
- Data Engineering: Creating tools and moving data at scale to power better decision making at Shopify.
- Site Reliability: Building new infrastructure to make Shopify screaming fast and available at all times.
- Merchant Analytics: Building "Big Data" tools to allow our customers to slice and dice their data.
- Admin: Exposing the power of Shopify to our merchants through intuitive and innovative user-facing features.
- Platform: Building tools to manage the partner program and integrations with partners and resellers.
- Support Tools: Designing and implementing tools to help our support team grow in capability without necessarily growing in numbers.
- Financial Operations: Develop and operate on the part of our platform that ensures the correct
amount of money flows from point A to point B every day.
- Merchant Protection: Developing risk management, security and fraud detection tools for our merchants
Skills you possess or are interested in acquiring:
- Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases (MySQL)
- TDD & testing
- Working with APIs
- Scaling highly available systems
- Modelling ideas, visualizing implementation and iterating on data models
Some ways to stand out:
- Send us examples of projects you've built
- Send over samples of code
- Tell us what interests you about Shopify and how you could have an impact
- If you don't have any public code, no problem. Just tell us about an interesting project you've built or would like to build.
- If you don't like CVs or forms and would rather talk to someone...call Michael here: 613-252-9245
- Check out how Thibaut caught our attention: http://thibaut.me/shopify/
- Date Posted:
- Apr 28, 2014 4:00 AM PDT
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 active online stores around the world,... more