Weâre looking for back-end developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. If youâre interested in helping us build the future of Shopify, this jobâs for you.
Youâll need to have:
- Experience with Rails or the desire to learn it quickly
- Proficiency with UNIX commands
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (weâre mostly on MySQL with some Postgres)
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- A strong commitment to quality
Itâd be great if you have:
- Experience contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
Youâll be working on:
- Writing back-end code in Ruby and possibly Go
- Collaborating with other designers and developers
- Providing beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Using TDD to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Contributing back to the open source community
- Learning and growing constantly
About the team
Shopify is the longest continuously developed Rails app on the planet. Many core Rails features were actually developed at Shopify, and weâre constantly improving our codebase to make it better or leaner.
We ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We host tens of thousands of online stores, and see hundreds of millions of requests a day. Thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds â a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
Shopify is a commerce platform that helps merchants sell online, in-person, and everywhere in between. We have offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and Waterloo, and remote employees all over the world.
The best part about working at Shopify? The freedom to be you. We value authenticity, openness, and diversity in everything we do. Youâll also get to learn and grow with the best in the business. We want you to do the best work of your career, and weâll give you everything you need to make it happen.
Please make your cover letter out to Kayla Boyer.
- Date Posted:
- Dec 10, 2015 12:38 PM PST
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single... more