In this role, you’ll be working throughout the stack to move our donor-focused charitable marketplace site forward. Responsibilities will range from server configuration to front-end implementation and everything in between. We're looking for someone that will jump at the opportunity to take ownership of product features that drive traction.
- Investigate product defects, identify and fix root causes, and test and deploy fixes
- Participate in management of code base using Git and GitHub
- Perform code reviews
- Share responsibility with team for monitoring and operation of production, staging and test servers
- Contribute to maintenance and improvement of development, deployment and production environments and tools
- Integrate and use analytics tools to measure and understand how customers use our product, and assist product management with applying learnings to product improvements
- Participate in project planning and management using the Scrum agile method
- Contribute to on-going improvement of team practices and procedures
- Help our customer support team investigate and solve problems for customers
THE NEED TO HAVES (Skills & Requirements)
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component; or completion of a college program in computer science with equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer in web development
- Experience building and using web APIs
- Understanding of HTTP, HTTPS and related protocols
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience analyzing database logs mapped against application event logs to identify system failures, determining reasons for failures and fixing programming errors
- Experience writing design specifications and development guides that define customer needs and project requirements
- Ability to communicate (fluently) in English
- Strong communication skills and an openness to constructive feedback
- Ability to thoroughly, yet simply, explain features to everyday users
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience developing a responsive UI framework
Experience working in a continuous-integration, continuous-deployment, DevOps environment
- A GitHub account with example code and contributions to open source projects, a StackOverflow account, or a personal blog that is technically oriented
- The desire to mentor developers who can learn from you
Full-time, permanent role (40 hours/week)
73,000 - 90,000
Medical and dental provided after completion of 3 months probationary period.
Chimp is a rapidly growing technology company located in downtown Vancouver. We exist to dramatically improve the human experience of participating in charity by empowering people to make an impact on causes they care about on their own terms. Our platform, chimp.net, empowers corporations, individuals and groups to act on the human spirit of charity.
Our culture is dynamic and collaborative, which means we encourage our team to own their talents and then get out of the way while they work their magic! Basically, we hire smart people who get things done.
We know that our team members are our greatest asset, so we keep development opportunities, work-life balance and ‘Fridays at Four’ happy hours top of mind!
- Date Posted:
- Feb 10, 2016 4:52 PM PST
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Chimp is built on a simple idea -- to empower people's personal giving choices and to simplify the process. We offer an online charitable account that helps you manage your charitable giving with confidence. Chimp also supports a variety of online and social fundraising strategies, with innovative technology solutions for charities, companies, and groups. more