You will be responsible for working with a team of engineers, artists and game designers to release game features in a high-volume, high-availability, large-scale infrastructure.
You must be comfortable working on a large complex code-base, problem solving, and writing efficient and organized code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field
- Masters degree in any of these disciplines is a plus
- 4+ years of RECENT software development experience (strong understanding of OOP)
- Strong track record of shipping projects on time
- Experience implementing transmission of complex data sets using AJAX
- Proven experience in server development using Apache/PHP
- Proficiency in MySQL
- Past projects that include live-deployed, highly scalable, consumer-focused systems in production environments
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits
- Knowledge of standard software engineering and quality assurance practices
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with third parties when needed
- Strong problem solving, debugging, troubleshooting, documentation and delegation abilities
- Passionate about software development and problem solving
NICE TO HAVE
- Facebook API and/or Myspace (Opensocial) development experience
- Detailed knowledge of development tools and techniques relating to HTML5 and web technologies
- jQuery and familiarity with other frameworks
- Experience with Memcached, MongoDB & database sharding
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Accountable and reliable
- Professional presentation
- Team Player
- Ability to work on live and relevant projects that are seen by millions of users worldwide
- Awesome culture (e.g. Paintballing, Hackathons, BEvERage Fridays, Video Games, Tornado T-3000 Foosball Table, Espresso Coffee)
- Personal laptops, 24 inch monitors and Herman Miller Aerons (yes, we care about your back)
- Health and dental benefits
Established in 2008, KANO/APPS (www.kanoapps.com) is a profitable and growing Canadian company that creates social games. KANO/APPS knows how to connect people through play, and that's why our games have earned a loyal fan base encompassing millions of worldwide players across multiple social networks like Facebook and Myspace. Our team of bright, talented and creative engineers, designers and artists work in a beautifully restored heritage building in downtown Victoria, British Columbia and we represent the brightest in a new, thriving online culture and the leading edge of the social gaming industry.
Want to learn more about us? Check out our company blog at www.kanoapps.com/blog!
Our goal is simple: To build a vibrant and thriving community around fun and engaging social games.
HOW TO APPLY
- Date Posted:
- Jun 14, 2013 4:28 PM PDT
- Kano Applications Inc.