It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too.
This is a permanent position working for a fast-growing technology company in downtown Victoria. You’ll be working with an agile development team to develop a scalable media management and video processing platform for Workday Learning.
Come join a passionate team of developers making a real impact in software used by millions of users at customers like Netflix, Patagonia, Sony, Toyota, VMware, Visa, and Yale University.
Workday’s fast-paced growth offers you a wealth of opportunities to grow and develop your career.
Some technology you’ll likely work with here:
- Python, Ruby, Go
- Jenkins, Selenium
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, NGinx, Celery
- Amazon AWS, OpenStack
- Ansible, Chef
- You are passionate about technology and the web.
- You are passionate about designing and building high-quality software systems.
- You are a self-motivated learner, inherently inquisitive.
- You have a positive attitude and are an excellent communicator.
- You can deliver software with or without a project manager to guide you.
- You’ve been doing this for at least five years.
- You’ve successfully taken a leadership role in projects that span multiple teams.
- You are always looking for better ways to design and develop software.
- People come to you to evaluate technologies, make recommendations, and manage technical planning.
- You have proven experience in successfully delivering cloud based web applications.
- You can rapidly prototype REST APIs and interactive front-end UIs
- You are comfortable collaborating with multiple project stakeholders to clarify requirements and ensure all requirements are met.
- You are comfortable collaborating with designers, developers, and other team members to implement solutions.
- You are comfortable with functional programming and with object oriented programming; with procedural programming and with event driven programming.
- You are fluent in HTTP, HTML, JSON and other key web standards.
- As a developer you deliver clean code that is easy to understand and has its own automated tests.
- You carefully evaluate and communicate the merits and costs of design choices.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 14, 2016 11:49 AM PDT
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises,... more