We dream to reinvent our industry. We dare to have a passion for technology.
What do you dream of? Are you a technologist that desires to reinvent and dares to reinvigorate an entire industry? Are you excited to solve challenges using the best technologies and tools around, unfettered by long, bureaucratic, processes? Capital One® is transforming itself and the very business we’re in and we’re looking for people with passion, excitement, and a desire to challenge and change the status quo.
We’re a Fortune 150 company that takes an entrepreneurial, groundbreaking approach to everything we do. We’re an agile shop working in cross-functional teams with the mandate and authority to change and build great experiences for our customers and we want to hire people that want to seize this incredible opportunity. You’ll work with great people in an open, friendly, collaborative environment that is being built to provide you with engaging challenges and opportunities to build, learn, and grow.
Our Toronto Software Studio, located in North York, is the beating digital heart of Capital One®.
• Design and scale real-time distributed systems to support millions of users
• Drive the development of elegant solutions to complex problems
• Design and implement efficient algorithms and new approaches for use in banking systems
• Develop brand new user-facing features from conception to execution
• Advance best practices with the engineering team through participation in design and code reviews
• Ability to balance out desire to ship code soon with responsibility to get it right
• Bachelor’s or higher degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical field
• At least of 5 years of experience in Application Development using Java
• At least 2 years of experience with Angular
• At least 2 years of experience with HTML
• At least 2 years of experience with CSS
• 8 years+ of experience in Application Development using Java
• 1 year+ experience with TDD
• 2 year+ experience with Agile
• 1 year+ experience with MongoDB
• 1 year+ experience with AWS
• 1 year+ experience with Kafka
- Date Posted:
- Mar 9, 2016 12:30 PM PST
- Capital One
- Capital One
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Capital One® Financial Corporation is an international financial services company known for innovation in the credit card marketplace. The company pioneered low introductory rate, balance transfer and fixed rate products in North America. Capital One has offered consumers a range of competitive Canadian credit cards since 1996, when the company introduced the first Platinum MasterCard® to this... more