About the opportunity
At Vena, our engineering culture is incredibly important to us. We write great software, care deeply about code quality, and expect the people who join us to do the same. With several new and exciting projects to expand our platform, it has never been a better time to join our dynamic core development team. We're looking for innovative and detail-oriented Software Engineers to help us create one of the most sophisticated SaaS cloud platforms in Canada.
What you will do
• Think in terms of 10x improvements
• Write clean and elegant code
• Create robust, speedy production components and develop prototypes quickly
• Refactor, simplify and optimize code
• Collaborate with the team on features, design and implementation and work cohesively to find solutions
• Contribute to building our environment, which embraces continuous integration through the use of automated testing
• Champion the latest software technologies while developing innovative functionality to improve software performance and usability
• Tell us what we need to be doing rather than expect to be told what to do
What we use
There are no programming language or buzzword requirements here! We know that any solid engineer can pick up a new language over a weekend.
Take a look at the following technologies we are currently using, including many others, to build our stack:
• On the server-side, we manage the execution of the process and host all of the data using a scalable custom-built OLAP processing engine that quickly aggregates data on the fly
• Our Java-based environment makes use of Jetty, Google Guice, and Dropwizard
• All modern data stores like: MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, CassandraDB. Our supporting micro-services are mostly built with GoLang
• A highly available delivery platform supported by the Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure, scalable and reliable to keep our customer mission critical business data. All our AWS DevOps deployments are fully automated with Ansible
• A small, but powerful, C# .NET Excel add-in that treats spreadsheets as the window to a client’s data. Built using VSTO, Excel Interop/VBA, and LINQ technologies, this add-in harnesses Excel’s power and popularity
If you are passionate about systems that scale elegantly and auto-tune themselves, about using open source technologies, and about contributing back to the community, then this job is for you.
Apply today… we can’t wait to hear from you!
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Feb 9, 2016 2:39 PM PST
- Vena Solutions
- Vena Solutions
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more