Are you passionate about building epic enterprise software and pushing the boundaries of working with new technologies? Are you interested in developing and releasing best of class software to oral healthcare organizations that are making a significant difference in the patient care that you and your families receive? Are you looking for a supportive environment that encourages work-life balance, flexible office hours and people you love to be around?
Exan is seeking a Software Engineer with engineering development, web and cloud migration experience.
We are expanding our product portfolio, and re-engineering our architecture. We are taking on the enterprise cloud services challenge to deliver unparalleled user experience to oral healthcare practitioners and their patients. We need fantastic people who have a passion for complex web challenges, are proud of the solutions they craft and have an appreciation for building scalable code.
Exan is looking for passionate Software Development Professionals to join our team as we press forward with our vision of leading the world in Oral Healthcare Management Software.
Summary of Job:
Working within an Agile team you will build our enterprise software solution in the cloud. You will be engaged throughout all phases of the product development life cycle and use your passion for technology and quality to exceed customer expectations.
Your primary objective is to have a customer first attitude and be a part of a team that ships high quality software. You will use your skills and talents to do this efficiently using best of breed development methodologies and continuous improvement. This is your passion.
You know how to breakdown even your complex tasks and estimate and commit to a timeline. Creating technical designs and doing design reviews, creating high quality code, performing code reviews for others, solid unit testing of your own code, and collaborative architecture ownership are the standard practice.
• Design, code, integrate and debug features in our enterprise software application
• Participate in an Agile environment working closely with Product Owners and QA and Documentation to ship high quality software on time
• Build technically sound solutions that optimize for maintainability, performance, scalability, and security
• Create web services, logical code layers, and other middle-tier framework to maximize for flexibility and scalability and integrations
• Resolve customer escalations, production issues, and cross-functional team technical requests and investigations.
• Collaborate with team members to clarify requirements and achieve the right balance of scope and schedule
• Continuous learning and leveraging of Microsoft and open source technologies to improve and cost effectively build enterprise software in the cloud
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years’ experience as a senior engineer on large software projects
• Professional knowledge of OOP, enterprise design patterns, concurrency and multi-threading programming, n-tier architecture, scaled web application development, and service oriented architecture
• 1+ years of working with SQL, query optimization, and building scalable and maintainable enterprise level databases.
• Proven strong analytical, creative and problem solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong desire to learn.
• Experience with Oracle database technologies is an asset
• C++ and knowledge of Microsoft Windows API and/or MFC framework is an asset
• Programming experience and development with Crystal Reports is an asset
• Dental or Healthcare industry knowledge/background is an asset
- Date Posted:
- Oct 7, 2014 1:37 PM PDT
- Exan Group
- Exan Group
- Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Exan Group is an industry leader in the development of dental practice management software products. With over 25 years of experience in software development, Exan has built a trusted reputation for software that is secure, practical and robust. If you are a highly motivated, technically savvy and results-oriented individual, you could be our next new recruit. Take a look at our upcoming job... more