We have an immediate opening for a skilled and energetic Software Engineer to join our Technology team. In this position you will join a team that builds out Customer Relationship Management (CRM) capabilities for the organization. This includes a wide array of web services consumed by Move products and third party solutions as well as online CRM applications targeting both desktop and mobile devices serving thousands of real estate professionals across North America (Top Producer CRM).
The development focus is on developing robust solutions using cutting edge technologies. This is an excellent career building opportunity as you are involved in various stages of software development cycle, involved in a wide range of different development projects and activities, working collaboratively with and being mentored by a team of talented colleagues to produce industry-leading web applications and services at one of the principal software development shops in BC.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participate in end-to-end feature delivery and support as part of a cross-functional feature team, focusing on rapid and incremental delivery of high quality code
• Responsible for the assigned component’s delivery schedule, implementation, development testing, issue investigation and correction
• Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, and work on removing impediments
• Based on user story acceptance criteria, work with the team to design a scalable, robust, and reusable solution to that story
• Document and communicate designs to others on the team
• Contribute to guidelines and coding standards used for building reusable application components that are easy to maintain and troubleshoot
• Participate in peer design and code reviews
• Identify and assist in mitigating risks
• Understand business and customer goals to introduce new innovations, provide technical input into product roadmaps, and negotiate compromises between business and technical constraints
• Mentor and assist less experienced colleagues
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of recent and related experience as a Software Engineer in production of commercial web-based solutions
• Strong understanding of the MVC design pattern and minimum 1 year of experience using open source tech stack (e.g. Ruby on Rails, PHP) in a commercial application and web site development
• Hands-on, commercial Node.js development is a definite asset
• Proven experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
• .NET development experience with focus on MVC (C#, WCF, and ASP.NET) is a definite asset
• Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Very strong collaboration skills and passion for work in a team environment with ability to resolve conflicts and align people
• Strong customer focus and an ability to represent Move core values to internal and external customers
• Hands on experience using unit-test frameworks and test automation tools/techniques in the development process; strong focus on quality of code
• Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
What we offer …
• Unique opportunity for work on a broad variety of exciting and challenging assignments to deliver innovative solutions to the enterprise and market
• Excellent opportunity for career advancement and mobility
• Competitive rewards and benefits
• Continuous learning and training to build deep product, technical, and professional skills
• Corporate emphasis on career and personal development, and creating a great supportive and collaborative culture
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “Software Engineer” from the list of available positions. We thank all applicants in advance and will directly contact those who are selected for interviews.
- Date Posted:
- Oct 29, 2014 8:52 AM PDT
- Move Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and... more