Join 2012's Best Company to Work for in B.C!
HootSuite is looking for self-directed Coop Software Engineers to help us build our social relationship platform.
As a Coop Software Engineer at HootSuite, you’ll ship code on day one, tackle non-trivial technical problems, build functionality for new product initiatives, receive outstanding mentorship, practice devops, and learn about working on large-scale, highly available web and mobile products.
“If you are someone who thinks of their work as craft, as something more than just 'work' and want to be surrounded by a wealth of like-minded individuals all while being challenged and trusted to work on big, tough problems, then HootSuite is, without doubt, your dream coop.” - John Giannakos, @jtgi, 2nd year student at UBC, Coop Software Engineer, Fall Term 2013 (4 months)
Read about some of the things we do here at http://code.hootsuite.com
- Work with a small team to understand our business and technical initiatives and turn those into small shippable experiments on our products
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews to continually improve your craft and approach to problem solving
- Contribute to our technical evolution by sharing your knowledge with our Engineering teams
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to see things as our customers see them
- A demonstrated passion for learning, growing and continually taking on new responsibilities
- Experience developing with any of PHP, Java, Scala; and either MySQL or MongoDB
- Experience integrating APIs from major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+)
- Understanding of memcached, cron, and asynchronous processing
- Experience building and shipping your own personal projects
- You are so passionate about software engineering that you do it for fun
- You can articulate your portfolio of 'Difficult Problems... Solved'
- You like to move fast, make decisions, take calculated risks
- You recognize the value of data
- e like smart, entrepreneurial people who get things done and have a sense of humour
- e love to ‘work out loud’ because visibility helps us and others understand our work
- e practice continuous improvement so we can eliminate waste in our practices
- e have tremendous respect for one another
How to apply:
- mpress us with your passion and your dedication. Send more than just a resume.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 9, 2014 3:42 PM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more