A Thinking Ape is currently looking for extremely smart and talented Software Engineer - Distributed Systems to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our distributed systems allow us to handle hundreds of thousands of active users with real time communication and interaction between them.
Some of the challenges you will face are:
- Architecting services that can handle a large number of concurrent activities
- Creating new approaches to scale write-bound services
- Designing APIs that can be re-used across our various applications
- Working with advanced caching and write-back strategies
Your background should include:
- Real-time write-back caching without the use of an external daemon process
- Automated data encoding for internal and external facing services
- Guaranteed message delivery for messaging and notifications
- Intelligent service fail-over routing framework
Tell us if you have:
- Exceptional software and scalability architecture skills
- The ability to anticipate and design for problems in a highly concurrent system
- Knowledge of OO-design, python, memcached, redis, zeromq
- A passion for building core frameworks which serve as a foundation to the company’s software stack
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent.
We are a startup and as a developer you will have the ability to influence the design and development of nearly everything that we build. You will have to be very comfortable with ownership and management of your projects. As such, you will have the potential to develop into an engineering leadership and management role over time as we grow.
If you have what we are looking for, come join us in an innovative and challenging environment!
- Date Posted:
- Jan 27, 2014 10:58 PM PST
- A Thinking Ape
A Thinking Ape is a small yet driven team that is dedicated to building strong mobile communities. With our collaborative approach to product design, we ensure the best ideas get the space they need to grow. Our team seeks out intuitive solutions to complex problems, and maintains strong ties to our hacker culture. more