A Thinking Ape is currently looking for extremely smart and talented Software Engineer - Front End to join our team in Vancouver, BC. As a front-end engineer at ATA, you will be responsible for building products that millions of people love and use every day.
Some challenges you will face are:
- Obsessing over user interaction details, aesthetics, and user psychology
- Designing and implementing scalable, reliable and maintainable technologies for our mobile and web platforms
- Optimizing software for limited compute and memory
Your background should include:
- Creating a WebSockets-compliant mobile application framework for the iPhone that allows real-time events to be pushed from the server
- Building a dynamic map-rendering engine with adjacency detection for conquering territory
- Designing and executing experiments based on product metrics data and user feedback
- The ability to learn and willingness to try new things
Tell us if you:
- Hold a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
We are a startup and as a developer you will have the ability to influence the design and development of nearly everything that we build. You will have to be very comfortable with ownership and management of your projects. As such, you will have the potential to develop into an engineering leadership and management role over time as we grow.
If you have what we are looking for, come join us in an innovative and challenging environment!
- Date Posted:
- Jul 17, 2014 12:50 PM PDT
- A Thinking Ape
A Thinking Ape is a small yet driven team that is dedicated to building strong mobile communities. With our collaborative approach to product design, we ensure the best ideas get the space they need to grow. Our team seeks out intuitive solutions to complex problems, and maintains strong ties to our hacker culture. more