The number of businesses using Social Media has exploded! They’re becoming more sophisticated, more demanding and need solutions that keep pace. With more than 7 million of the worlds most active and influential users of Social Media onboard, including 79 of the Fortune 100, HootSuite is the Social Media Management solution businesses around the world turn to for help.
Operating in this competitive market requires constant innovation and forward thinking product development. To outpace the market, Hootsuite has established Hootsuite Labs, an organization within the company charged with fostering innovation and developing new products. The group is made up of seasoned industry veterans and highly talented developers and designers. The Lab is currently growing and is looking for a full stack Software Engineer.
In this role, you will report to the Director of New Products and be responsible for working with the development team in the design and development of new products. Project requirements will vary from project to project so the ideal candidate will be able to work within a mobile stack, web stack, or native applications. Our Software Engineer is someone who considers themselves full stack in that can work with databases, servers, systems engineering, understands front end development and has some familiarity with each layer, if not mastery of all software technology.
Whether the project calls for skills in setting up servers, data modelling, designing business logic or APIs the key attribute of this candidate will be a willingness to learn new skills and challenge themselves in new areas. This person values high quality software and measures that by how well it serves customer needs. This role will also give the successful applicant a front row seat into the strategic direction of the company as it is in The Lab’s mandate to integrate any merger-related activity.
The preferred candidate will also understand sound product development processes, understands how to manage a project, liaise with other departments, work with DevOps and can measure the success of a their projects with clear, objective metrics.
Architecture & Coding
- Working with the dev team to design data models and business logic
- Front end coding
- Back end development
Prototyping & Testing
- Working with team to deliver and test prototypes to internal and external groups
- Incorporating test feedback to refine and improve prototypes
- Turn prototypes into production ready, scalable products suitable for new and existing customers
- Work with the team to ensure that projects are planned and delivered in a timely and predictable manner
- Liaise with other departments as required
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience with software design and best development practices.
- Very organized with a keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with lean startup practices and agile development
- Experience operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, needing little direction, comfortable with ambiguity, etc.)
- Experience with git and unit testing
- Passion for social media and new ideas
- Strong understanding of project management
- Effective communicator
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- Love for foosball
- Date Posted:
- Feb 9, 2014 4:52 PM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more