At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
You will work with our small team of passionate, talented software engineers who love solving hard problems. You have a passion for new and emerging technologies and you are excited about taking risks when pushing the limits of what is possible. You love to work with and learn from a closely-knit team as you strive to grow and learn your own skill set.
Our technology stack is constantly evolving because we foster a creative environment where there are many opportunities to take ownership and grow Vena’s product ecosystem. We want to build teams of leaders, innovators and people that share a passion for technology and who are interested in leaving their mark on our product in a fast growing business domain.
- Create robust, speedy production components and develop prototypes quickly
- Design and implement strong HTML5/CSS3 designs
- Refactor, simplify and optimize code to develop features more effectively
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Experience with various frameworks and stacks, be it jQuery, YUI, Node, Backbone, etc.
- A passion for technology and a focus on keeping our stack current with the latest client-side tools and libraries
- Experience in building rich UI designs using the latest in CSS3/HTML5
- Solid CS foundation in software design, algorithms, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages
- Experience programming in Java or C#/.Net would be advantageous in understanding and contributing to Vena’s end-to-end solution
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 14, 2015 12:55 PM PST
- Vena Solutions
- Vena Solutions
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more