As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing tech companies, our product is the most recognized social media management platform on the planet.
We’re looking for a passionate and super organized Software Engineer, PHP who loves to code, loves to dive into hard technical problems, loves to build and can help us create world-class interactive projects for Hootsuite.
You will work closely with the design and development team and will be responsible for iterating, planning, implementing and developing code in multiple languages. Additionally, you must understand a wide array of digital tools, and have an ability to concept non-traditional digital.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
If you want to be a part of a passionate and egoless team having fun building something bigger than themselves, scroll!
- Development in an enterprise level website including implementation of a content management and localization strategy
- Constantly be learning and stay on top of new technology and industry developments
- Writing documentation
- Integrating with 3rd-party platforms via API’s, SDK’s, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years development experience
- Advanced knowledge in PHP Frameworks (Symfony2 in particular)
- Proficient in PHP, command line, MySQL, JS/jQuery
- Comfortable with SVN/GIT, SOAP, JSON, YAML, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with CMS development (eZ Publish an asset)
- Experience managing enterprise level websites
- Outstanding web portfolio demonstrating understanding of web standards, CSS best practices, accessibility and responsiveness (mobile devices)
- Strong communication skills including the ability to interface with cross-functional teams
- Ability to clearly defend and champion your ideas and work
- Ability to work with managers in different geographies
- Be able to create and contribute to a positive & communicative environment within the Marketing team
- Highly motivated in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and inspire others around you
- Working knowledge of the Hootsuite dashboard and social media management
- No Ego's please
- Experience with startup culture and entrepreneurship
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Date Posted:
- Jul 15, 2014 1:20 PM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more