Chimp is a rapidly growing company located in downtown Vancouver, overlooking Burrard Inlet and Stanley Park. We make chimp.net, an online platform for charitable donations.
You are a motivated and talented Rails developer looking for challenging work with a great team. Helping make the world a better place gets you stoked.
Working as part of a team, you develop software solutions that help people make smarter charitable decisions.
• Full-stack development on a Ruby on Rails / MySQL app.
• Partner with product owner and UX designer to implement features.
• Build, measure, learn and iterate. We want your ideas and collaboration.
• Testing — We have a testing culture and value code quality over quantity.
• Communication — You thrive as part of a fast-paced, cross-functional team.
• Solve hard technical problems and make customers happy.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• 3+ years’ experience in web development, building structured, modular code
• MySQL or other SQL databases
• Experience building and using APIs
• Understanding of HTTP and related protocols |
• Smart. Gets things done.
NICE TO HAVE
• Computer science degree or equivalent professional background
• Experience developing for mobile devices (responsive design, jQuery Mobile, iOS and/or Android development)
• DevOps experience
• GitHub profile, StackOverflow profile, development-related blog (please send links)
• Full-time, permanent (35 hours/week on average, flexible schedule)
- Date Posted:
- Sep 18, 2014 10:14 AM PDT
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Chimp is built on a simple idea -- to empower people's personal giving choices and to simplify the process. We offer an online charitable account that helps you manage your charitable giving with confidence. Chimp also supports a variety of online and social fundraising strategies, with innovative technology solutions for charities, companies, and groups. more