Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
We at EventMobi develop a platform to help events & conferences create their own mobile apps and manage their events more easily. We are growing our talented team, and are looking for a Web Applications Engineer / Software Developer to help make an impact!
EventMobi uses a distributed SOA architecture exposed through a (Python) RESTful API to feed our Node & AngularJS applications – from our mobile apps, to the app-building services, real-time chat / mapping services and tons more.
In the past year we’ve more than tripled our growth & our software now services 3000+ events and millions of users worldwide. We’re expecting that growth to continue again (while still being bootstrapped with no funding) and if you are interested in helping us scale, and meet the next set of challenges, let’s chat!
This is a very fast-paced role, and we need energetic, creative individuals looking for an opportunity to grow with a young startup, get your hands dirty, and provide your insight in all aspects of cloud services, mobile and web development, and help with every aspect of a startups’ technology infrastructure. Hopefully you also have some familiarity with our tech stack - Python, AngularJS, NodeJS, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, RSpec, Jenkins, Ansible as our main tools.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Design, architect, and extend the EventMobi web and mobile-web apps alongside a team of developers and designers to rapidly push new features / products live
- Take ownership of products and be involved in their planning, development, testing, performance and following through to a successful launch
Challenges we’re currently tackling (and you could be too):
- Bridging the native to web experience by building extremely performant and rich experiences that work on any device, online or offline
- Developing our own (soon to be open-sourced) Python REST API framework for Flask
- Handling load spikes of 10,000+ concurrent users over a few seconds
- Building real-time mobile & web applications through HTML5, AngularJS, Websockets, and Node.js
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Expertise in using dynamic languages like Python, Ruby or PHP
- Comfortable playing around in UNIX
- Want to get involved in all parts of the tech stack and have a commitment to code quality
- Excellent communication and creative approach to complex problems
- An understanding of data-structures, modular design, and object-oriented code
- You must be a self-starter and require minimum supervision. We need someone who can take in the vision and come up with fantastic ideas and execute
What you’ll get at EventMobi:
- Competitive salary with a bonus structure
- Health coverage, company retreats & other perks
- A small, extremely smart & open-minded team that is passionate about cutting edge mobile and web technologies
- A completely transparent, open, and collaborative environment
- All of our engineers attend a conference of their choice, with travel, all paid for
- Free breakfast every morning
- Your choice of workstation (MacBook Air? Thunderbolt display? you name it)
- The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. We do not understand limits!
Please apply through our website http://www.eventmobi.com/about/careers/
- Date Posted:
- Mar 14, 2014 7:27 AM PDT
EventMobi is the most popular event app platform for conferences and tradeshows worldwide. Create an app for your event in minutes, enhance attendee experience and increase sponsorship opportunities with an event app that works across all devices and even works without an internet connection. Comprehensive and cost-effective for small and large events, EventMobi makes mobile event apps simple. more