You are looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the Software Engineering skills you have developed over the years. Previous roles have made you wonder if you're actually making a difference, and you swore the next job would be different. You have a keen eye on software quality, and an exceptional Software Test Developer with a strong desire for automating testing tasks that have traditionally been repetitive. You have tact, patience, and diplomacy in maintaining cooperative relationships and are skilled at communicating with both technical and non-technical people. You understand the Software development process, are organized, and have a sense of humor and a thick skin. You are good at being flexible and can handle having unfinished irons in the fire.
About the Opportunity:
Working closely with our development and QA teams, the Software Test Developer ensures that software products released by AI contain no significant regressions through automated testing. You will enable our regression test cycles to be repeatable in a shorter amount of time. You will also perform functional and regression tests; develop and design test cases; and create, track, & close software problem reports. This role works closely with the team to create & administer automated test systems. In this role you will become an expert with AQUARIUS software & fluent in the terms & techniques of hydrology.
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 4+ years’ experience building automated test solutions in Windows OS environments using both off-the-shelf (ie. Quick Test Pro) and custom built (ie. Perl, Python, VB, etc) solutions, and familiar with different strategies in selecting the right tool.
• Ability to write and debug .NET code.
• Working knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases.
• Proven knowledge and experience with large client/server applications.
• Experience automating Silverlight and ASP.NET applications.
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal & written.
• Proven ability to learn quickly, be resourceful & work independently in a fast paced & changing environment.
• Well- developed problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail.
• Experience with managing operating systems with virtualization (e.g. VMWare).
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Previous experience with hydrology &/or signal processing.
• Ability to keep up with current trends and best practices through continuous self improvement.
• Working knowledge of Linux.
• Experience developing automated stress tests.
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and an employer subsidized gym membership.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right background, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com – be sure to reference the job title in your subject line.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 19, 2014 9:34 AM PDT
- Aquatic Informatics
Aquatic Informatics™ Inc. - A Global reputation for Innovation. Aquatic Informatics™ provides software solutions that address critical water data management and analysis challenges for the rapidly growing environmental monitoring industry. Aquatic Informatics is focused on providing solutions to a range of different customer groups including federal, state/provincial or local government departments, hydropower... more