At OOHLALA Mobile, we work with hundreds of higher education institutions across the world to help improve the campus experience and student engagement. We are a start-up at heart, but are growing very quickly, which means that you have the opportunity to shape our culture and define the legacy we will leave. We are a tight-knit family. From encouraging outside-the-box thinking to advocating a healthy lifestyle, OOHLALA’s people are its greatest asset.
As a support engineer, you will work alongside with other highly collaborative and mutually supportive teams in the company, including both our customer success team and our engineering team, to help our customers with matters that require engineering expertise. You will also be working on tools and internal procedures to help support the other teams in the company.
• Assist customers with technical problems and answer support questions via chat (e.g. Olark) and phone call
• Perform various internal tests, for web and both of our mobile platforms (iOS and Android), to ensure that our products are working at the highest quality possible
• Create tools to help optimize the workflow of our other teams (e.g. customer success team, sales team)
• Work with other teams to help continually improve our products
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have experience scripting with Python
• Have experience using MySQL or other SQL DBMS
• Have a perfectionist mindset and enjoy breaking things when quality testing
• Enjoy talking with new people, explaining technical concepts and how various parts of our product works
Nice to haves:
• Have experience working with web APIs
• Some experience with Django, the Python web framework
You should include in your application:
• Resume or other form of explanation of past work experience and accomplishments
• Any online profile that showcases your work (e.g. GitHub, blog, etc…)
• Why you want to work this role at OOHLALA Mobile
Potential perks we can include with the postings:
• Flexible work hours
• Open vacation policy
• Great office space at the heart of the Montreal tech scene, at the corner of St. Laurent and Pins
• A Macbook or equivalent windows laptop :)
• Awesome team events (e.g. gaming nights, poker nights, rafting, camping etc.)
Salary/Stock: Competitive (based on experience).
- Date Posted:
- Dec 26, 2015 3:13 PM PST
- OOHLALA Mobile Inc.
- OOHLALA Mobile Inc.
- Montréal, Québec, Canada
OOHLALA is the leading mobile platform for campus life in North America. We’re an education technology company passionate about changing the way that students and administrators connect with their campus. Since its inception, OOHLALA has been vital in shaping the way that mobile technologies are used in higher education. We are a start-up at heart, but are growing very quickly, which means... more