Hostway Corporation is a leader in Cloud, Managed, and Hybrid Hosting. Hostway delivers reliable, secure, and scalable Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions to over 500,000 customers worldwide. Hostway has emerged as one of the largest cloud hosting and Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers in the world due to the company's expertise in developing secure, multi-tenant hosting environments and is committed to providing SMB's and large enterprises with cost effective business solutions. Hostway's core products include Managed Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Web Hosting and Email and Applications. For more information about Hostway, please visit http://www.hostway.com.
System Administrator I will be a member of the Systems Operations team contributing to the development and maintenance of Linux/Windows web hosting computer systems, the internal environments that the department is responsible for as well as reporting system statuses to management in both verbal and written formats. This position requires experience in Azure Cloud administration. In combination of support customer related issues with our web hosting and internal environments, the daily support and improvement of the Hostway Flexcloud (Azure Cloud) product line is to be expected. This includes resolving any cloud issues that are escalated outside of Support as well as work with product managers to roll out new features within the Cloud. The work schedule for this position will be Wednesday to Saturday 10 AM - 7 PM PST or Thursday to Sunday 10 AM - 7 PM PST. You are an excellent communicator, interfacing key stakeholders including Global NOC, Technical Support, R&D and occasionally Project Managers. The successful incumbent has desire and patience to work with other members of the staff to fix and improve existing services as well as add new ones.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinating with Technical Support to resolve all system-related customer issues (which includes Cloud related issues)
• System monitoring, maintenance and configuration on several variants of Linux, BSD and Windows 2003/2008/2012
• Installation and configuration of various equipment including Dell PowerEdge, Custom built servers and storage boxes as well as HP and foundry switches
• Install/monitor/administer new Internet accessible and/or application servers running several variants of Linux (primarily Debian and CentOS) and mainly Windows 2003/2008/2012 (single server, Hyper-V and Cloud related instances).
• Creating trouble tickets and escalating them appropriately and in a timely fashion by use of ticketing and/or notification procedures
• Manage spam and security related issues
• Automating administration tasks by writing scripts such as PERL, Shell, C, python, VBScript , powershell and/or .NET as well as be familiar with Puppet deployment
• Installation, configuration, optimization and maintenance of network services including but not limited to Apache, Bind/MyDNS/PowerDNS, Sendmail/Postfix/Exim and FTP
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or another similar technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience (4 years)
• Previous experience with System Administration is a must; preferably with both Linux and Windows.
• Familiarity with system administration on several variants of Linux, including but not limited to Debian, RH, Centos and Windows 2003/2008/2012
• Proven abilities to promptly and effectively diagnose and remedy serious UNIX-related and Windows-related problems and failures
• Demonstrated abilities to perform periodic software and hardware system updates, upgrades, backups/restoration and security patches
• Experience with Shell scripting, PERL or Python for Linux and PowerShell, .Net or C# for Windows is required
• Working knowledge of cluster / cloud deployment and Administration (i.e. MS Azure specifically with some experience with Linux LVS)
• High-level organizational and communication skills
• Excellent team player with high-level problem solving skills
• Previous experience in a specialized focus in one (or more) of the following areas: backups, mail systems, vmware, nagios, Windows Hyper-V, High Availability, Database, etc.
• Possessing RHCE/LPI or Microsoft Azure certification and working knowledge of SQL and LDAP are assets
• Networking hardware, Dell and Custom Intel
To be considered, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email and reference number SAI030514SP.
Hostway offers a competitive salary and benefits including Vacation, Extended Medical, Dental, Retirement Plan, and much more.
Hostway thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 26, 2014 6:40 PM PDT
- Hostway Global Web Solutions
Since opening our doors in 1998, Hostway has been committed to bringing the power of the Internet to our customers across the globe with innovative and easy-to-use products that are supported by unmatched customer service. One of the top-five leading Web hosting companies, our experience gives us the skills to guide our customers through the process of getting on the Web by continually developing new, easy-to-use... more