Job ID: GROP110
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
Global Relay is looking for a Systems Administrator to assist in the design, installation, and maintenance of network, infrastructure, and application monitoring systems. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating, recommending, implementing, and supporting enterprise class monitoring tools to broadcast relevant and real time metrics on the health of all Global Relay IT systems. This individual will work closely with the Operations, Development, and Business teams to gather requirements, develop project plans, design systems, and provide support as needed.
• Lead the evaluation, implementation, maintenance, continuous improvement, and support of Global Relay’s monitoring systems
• Work closely with the Operations, Security, and Development teams to understand goals, gather requirements, and develop solutions
• Research, test, recommend, and implement monitoring related software solutions
• Work closely with the Operations and Security teams to assist in SIEM configuration and support
• Work closely with business stakeholders to develop internal facing monitoring dashboards
• Continuously fine tune and improve monitoring systems configurations and alerts
• Plan and execute monitoring systems software upgrades to ensure the highest level of availability
• Develop monitoring systems usage guides and other support documentation
• Work closely with the Operations team to ensure high availability of monitoring systems and supporting infrastructure
• Provide training and support to business users and key stakeholders as needed
• Participate in security incident response activities
• Participate in client meetings to communicate monitoring design
• Assist in 3rd party technical audits as needed
• Perform other monitoring systems related work as needed
• 3+ years of experience in a senior network role within an IT environment
• Experience in running and supporting a global 24x7 internet based service or product
• Experience in working with monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, etc.
• Demonstrated success designing and implementing monitoring systems in a 24x7 environment
• Experience in commissioning, configuring, and maintaining Linux servers and clusters
• Thorough knowledge and extensive experience working within a LAMP stack environment
• Good understanding of network architecture, design, and implementation
• Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and technologies including Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Group Policies, and Exchange
• Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash/PHP/Perl/Python
• Strong familiarity with HP networking technologies
• Strong documentation skills
• Strong ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently as needed
• Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured change management process would be considered an asset
• HP, Fortinet, and Linux certifications would be considered an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save your PDF using the following format"FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "System Administrator - Montoring_GROP110” in email subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 26, 2014 2:45 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more