Vancouver, BC V5M 4X6 CA (Primary)
At ClearlyContacts.ca we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team’s continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Now is your chance to join our team. ClearlyContacts.ca is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Information Technology team as a Systems Administrator.
Key Responsibilities of a Systems Administrator:
- Support of hosted environment rackspace, AWS and other cloud platforms
- Remote support of worldwide locations
- Participate in enhancing our Incident, Problem, and Capacity management solutions
- Develop and maintain systems and software used to maintain administrative tools and utilities that manage production systems (e.g. Puppet, Jira, etc)
- Contribute to and maintain infrastructure standards
- Involved in the installation of new servers/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Provide tier II & III and other support per request from various groups; investigate and troubleshoot issues
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- Strong metrics and proactive performance analysis
- 3+ years Systems Administrator experience in: Linux and Windows, and VMware/Virtualization
- Netapp certification and VCP certification
- 3+ year's experience with storage systems: SAN and NAS
- Architecture/Documentation skills
- 3+ year's experience with N-tier architecture/deployment environments
- Solid understanding of networking concepts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Solid understanding of data center software and hardware configurations
- Experience with 3rd party applications: data center and operational monitoring (i.e. Solarwinds, Cisco UCS, Netapp, and truesight)
- Hosting /web transactional systems/environment
- DR BCP experience
- SIEM/ FIM experience
- Data Center Management
- Group RSP and ESP programs
- Extended medical benefits
- MSP coverage
- 2 weeks paid vacation, after 2 years of employment – 3 weeks paid vacation, after 4 years of employment – 4 weeks paid vacation
- Brand new, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- Group activities (past events: paintball, beach BBQ, Playland, dinner cruise)
- Subsidized fitness and wellness programs
- Refer a friend and get $500!
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly Contacts is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 16, 2015 1:03 AM PDT