Clio is one of Vancouver's fastest-growing technology startups. We've doubled the size of the company in the past year and we're looking for a detail-oriented, dependable, intelligent, and diligent systems administrator to help us out.
As a systems administrator at Clio you'll help our existing team, initially focusing on our office infrastructure. We build much-loved software for small law firms and independent legal professionals. Our customers range from public defenders, civil rights activists, students providing access to justice services for underserved communities all the way up to high-profile attorneys. The industry needs a truly excellent, market-leading product and Clio delivers. We're building apps that thousands upon thousands of attorneys will use every single day so we demand a lot from our infrastructure.
As a systems administrator, you will need to balance reactive and proactive work in a variety of ecosystems. You'll have worked a lot with Linux, managing hardware and software resources alongside other admin specialists. You know what DevOps is. You should be curious. Want to learn more about what we do and how we do it? Visit our labs blog.
Here's what you'll will need to do to succeed as a Systems Administrator at Clio:
- Take care of hardware & software inventory and asset tracking;
- Provide ongoing, expert technical support of office network infrastructure;
- Perform network administration and maintenance;
- Take care of systems monitoring and optimization;
- Develop and implement a backup / acceptable use policy in concert with stakeholders.
To do this, you should have:
- At least 2 years of work experience as a systems or network administrator
- Experience supporting office infrastructure including WiFi, desktop OSes, Intranet, VPN, VoIP etc.
- Familiarity with: Fonality VoIP; Linux; MySQL; Windows; MacOSX; BASH; PERL; Ruby a plus
- A degree in a related field such as CompSci
- Some desire to participate in our office culture. Games nights, ping pong, street fighter 2, beach volleyball league (on-premise), dodgeball team, whatever! Your contributions are welcome.
Why would you want to work here? We offer awesome paid vacation, a killer benefits plan, compensation that values you, and an opportunity to get in on an exciting growth story while it's still good. Follow our @goclio twitter feed to see how much our customers love us.
This opportunity is open to all applicants authorized to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Feb 24, 2014 10:13 AM PST
- Clio - Legal Practice Management Software
Clio is the leading practice management, time & billing and client collaboration platform for small- to mid-sized law firms. We lead the way in cloud-based practice management with a rich set of features that make managing everything from intake to invoicing a snap. more