The Systems Administrator + Network fulfills a core mandate in ensuring the uptime and performance of Absolute’s data center servers. This role includes monitoring the software applications uptime and performance, managing and replacing hardware, and overseeing that security and infrastructure are maintained by the data center provider.
Adherence and promotion of Absolute ISMS Policies and ISO 27001Certification is required.
Core operations responsibilities include a number of activities centered around the System Administrator local data center:
• Installation and replacement of hardware including servers and server components
• Installation and configuration of operating systems and server software including databases
• Assisting with the execution of backup and disaster recovery procedures
• Working with software deployment technologies, such as imaging, configuration, or distribution tools
• Assisting with the production support of our hosted applications
• Observing performance of the data center provider, reporting security or infrastructure issues to Absolute management
• Monitoring the performance of Absolute technology and the data center hardware
• Addressing simple uptime or performance issues, escalating issues requiring significant purchases and investments
In all applicable cases, this position will follow Absolute policies, processes and procedures. This is critical for any activities that may impact Absolute or customer data security or privacy, or may impact production accessibility of the Absolute applications.
Additional responsibilities will be to assist with the deployment of Absolute application software upgrades into production. This may include working with QA to move software into a staging environment, and following subsequent procedures to migrate into production.
Assisting Operations management with internal activities or programs, such as:
• Process refinement
• ISO 27001 auditing
• Knowledge transfer to colleagues
- Date Posted:
- Jan 7, 2014 3:56 PM PST
- Absolute Software
Absolute Software Corporation is the industry standard in persistent endpoint security and management solutions for computers, laptops, and ultra-portable devices—and the data they contain. Absolute Software has been the leader in device security and management for 20 years. Our persistence technology is built into tens of millions of devices around the world. more