FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Systems Administrator (Linux)
We're looking for an devops-oriented system administrator who can help keep FreshBooks fast, reliable and secure, and automate and monitor the dirty work so we can spend our time doing awesome things instead.
In this role, you will:
- Plan, co-ordinate and execute changes to production and office infrastructure
- Work with your team and the development teams to maintain and improve our production, development and office infrastructure
- Document your changes, and improve existing documentation wherever possible
- Diagnose and resolve operational issues when they arise
- Collaborate with other teams on projects which require IT-related input
- Coordinate and execute frequent releases of application components
- Perform regular administration tasks (installation, performance tuning, move/add/change, patch management)
- Automate everything that can be automated
- Stay current with the latest technology and practices, and propose and execute technical and process improvements
What you bring to the table:
- Fantastic troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- A solid understanding of Linux system administration and networking concepts (3+ years experience)
- Ability to write scripts in an administrative language (sh, perl, python, etc.)
- Experience implementing fast, reliable and secure servers and networks
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with configuration management (we use Puppet) and revision control (we use Git and GitHub)
- Experience with some of the software we use: CentOS, nginx, Apache, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, PHP, Python, Ruby, Node.js, Jenkins, JIRA
- Experience working in a SaaS company
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing workplace could be, and have the opportunity to help shape how we build a world-class software company right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 19, 2015 12:28 PM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more