As a key member of our Systems Group, you will be involved with infrastructure projects and deployments. Someone with an analytical mindset and a strong work ethic is required.
Typical projects and day to day responsibilities include:
- Configuration and deployment of systems.
- Configuration of Iptables firewalls and OpenVPN tunnels.
- Configuration of Cisco and HP networking products.
- Providing first and second level technical support.
- Linux and Windows scripting.
- Documentation and network diagraming.
- Troubleshooting Ubuntu Linux systems.
- Remote installations.
- Configuration of hardware RAID systems.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Company's 7/24/365 Managed Security Service (MSS) operations. The position requires strong technical expertise and an exceptional ability to learn new technologies and environments. The candidate must be highly motivated, interested and able to hit the ground running in our environment and proprietary service offering. The ability to work within our team and independently is a must.
- Engineer Hardware and Software solutions for operational needs.
- Install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, storage, etc. to achieve operational requirements and project specifications.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Perform daily backup operations.
- Manage user accounts, creating, updating and removing access as necessary.
- Constantly monitor and assess systems to make sure that processes are operating as designed.
- Troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Ensure that hardware is adequately sized and configured; conduct capacity planning scenarios to meet future needs.
- Develop, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all systems.
- Provide support for development processes by participating in data modeling sessions and advising about database design or use of objects.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform database normalization and replication procedures.
- Plan for backup and recovery.
- Control and monitor user access.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities.
- Advise management of new applications or potential system enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of direct work experience in Systems Administration.
- Relevant certifications for systems and networking (i.e. MCSE, CCNA, RHCSA).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Linux Systems Administration.
- 5 years of experience supporting remote systems.
- 5 years supporting enterprise systems and infrastructure
- 5 years of experience with Windows Servers, Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system design and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Systems Administration and or System Engineer certification in Linux and Microsoft.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of service level agreements and customer service standards.
In addition to our competitive compensation packages, we offer an employee benefits program, employee assistance program and a generous stock options plan. Our offices are based in Cambridge, conveniently located close to Hwy 401. References and criminal and financial background checks are required as part of the commitment to overall security we offer all of our customers.
About eSentire, Inc.
eSentire has reinvented enterprise network security by focusing on protecting your core assets inside the network through our human driven, behavior-based solution. We turn the traditional layered security approach on its ear as we assume your network is already compromised and focus from the inside out by detecting behaviors indicative of advanced threats from criminals, nation states or hactivists and even your own staff whether malicious or borne of ignorance. No matter where you are we have your back 24x7x365. In aggregate, eSentire secures over 150 alternate asset management funds responsible for over $750B of combined assets under management. Our clients also include financial institutions, healthcare facilities, engineering, construction, energy, resources and government. For more information, please visit http://www.esentire.com.
- Date Posted:
- May 22, 2014 10:06 AM PDT
At eSentire, we offer practical & pragmatic security solutions to help guard the intellectual property & infrastructure of enterprises. As a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), eSentire specializes in the delivery of comprehensive security consulting, continuous security monitoring services and immersive incident response. eSentire's crucial distinction stems from the fact that unlike many large companies... more