SLYCE is a funded technology company located in the heart of Toronto, Canada. We are in the business of leveraging really powerful technologies to make the day-to-day tasks for people dead simple. SLYCE uses proprietary image recognition and computational linguistics to make images online clickable for product search. We have recently begun expanding our development team and are looking for really talented engineers to join our team. Culture fit is a big deal for us, so we
like to like to get to know potential co-workers really well. When contacting us, let your code speak for itself and your personality shine through.
We are currently seeking a systems engineer to join the IT Infrastructure team to help build and support the existing SLYCE platform. We are looking for someone who can take direction from the CTO and Chief Product Officer and oversee projects in various aspects of the service; from API’s to new product development. Because we are a start-up, every team member’s ideas will be explored. You must be a self-starter and you must REALLY love to code. You should have significant experience in creating and managing integrations, and evaluating and starting new product development initiatives. We thrive to build the best applications. Ideally you have the skills and experience to jump between code frameworks and languages and create robust and sustainable systems.
• Build, scale, evolve and administer SLYCE’s internal systems based on the requirements of the active projects
• Own the technical stack from end-to-end: from servers to databases to applications
• Oversee reliability and logistics of the SLYCE system
• REST API creation and related documentation
• Work in collaboration with product management to define and continually refine the development roadmap.
• Create tests, demos and documentation around new features and functionality.
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years’ systems engineering and administration experience in Linux platforms
• Conversant in Python, C, SOLR, mobile development
• Strong documentation skills including security and backup
• Experience with code repositories (i.e GIT, BitBucket)
• Well organized and a willingness to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Expertise in next generation large scale distributed databases is a plus
SLYCE is looking for a fulltime commitment for this position. We offer a competitive salary and a great location in the heart of Toronto. We also offer a great employee stock option plan; we sincerely believe to build a successful company, everyone involved needs to have ownership.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 2, 2014 8:50 AM PDT