Job ID: GRED141
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
Are you curious in nature, love problem-solving, and have excellent attention to detail? Do you have superb organizational and project coordination skills, self-motivated, and take pride in your work? Join the Data Services team and be a Technical Administrative Assistant!
The Technical Administrative Assistant is responsible for completing client requests for services relating to the data within their archive, while ensuring a top level of customer service. This role works closely with Data Migration Specialists and Project Coordinators in importing, exporting, and retaining data for our customers. We specialize in regulatory audit and ediscovery litigation support requests and ensure that historical data from the customer’s old solution is migrated into Global Relay Archive. We are currently looking for analytical candidates with solid administrative experience and technical aptitude to join our bright, diligent and dynamic team.
Note: This is not a Data Analyst position. This position deals with physical data, such as different message types (eg. Email, Bloomberg, Reuters) and different file formats (EML, PST, MBOX, NSF, XML).
• Provide administrative assistance and support to the Data Services team
• Perform CRM data entry, updating records and following up on requests as needed
• Organize, coordinate, analyze and validate data and reports on an on-going basis
• Contribute to effective communication within the department and the organization
• Understands importance of quality control, information integrity, completeness and accuracy of data
• Create and update spreadsheets, documents, templates
• Some project coordination and other duties as assigned
• Testing and trouble-shooting data; repetitive work required
• Researching and documenting related-information on ad hoc basis
• Cataloguing, formatting, and encrypting hard drives as needed
• Flexible and able to meet strict deadlines
• Post-secondary education; undergraduate degree preferred
• 1-3 years office experience in a support role
• Previous experience in databases, data/information organization and management
• Team player, takes direction, takes initiative, learns from mistakes
• Professional, patient, discreet, transparent, flexible, adaptable
• Logical, methodical and predictable in their work
• Committed and will go over and above what is expected to get something done
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Exceptionally organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with proven accuracy and attention to detail
• Superior interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Ability to exercise strong judgment, tact and discretion and can be entrusted with confidential information
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications with technical aptitude and an appetite for continuous learning
• Experience in file formats, message types and meta-data analysis is desirable
• Intermediate technical/desktop trouble-shooting skills and computer required
• Intermediate experience in Windows, Mac, UNIX, and/or Linux environments desired
• Intermediate MS-DOS, UNIX and/or Cygwin Command Line experience desired
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: email@example.com. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Technical Admin Assistant_ GRED141” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 3, 2014 4:55 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more