Job ID: GRDV174
Terms: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 200 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
Servicing the finance industry requires Global Relay to capture, convert, and archive public and proprietary messaging data formats from. Messages are received via email, downloaded log files, proxy systems and APIs. Every data type is different but all must be captured and converted in a manner that ensures no data required by financial regulators is lost or compromised. Conversion must be done in time-frames that meet our SLA obligations, and the whole process must be fully reconciled from source to archive.
Global Relay is rapidly expanding its data conversion services group and requires an additional technical product manager to support our data conversion teams. The successful candidate has experience as a product manager in a highly technical environment, ideally working in the area of data conversion. This role is responsible for maintaining product roadmaps, developing project plans, writing user stories and working in a hands-on fashion with development teams using lean/agile development methodologies.
Working in a dynamic team environment, the Data Conversion Manager Product Manager is responsible for:
- Learn and understand Global Relay’s market, competitive solutions and business opportunities.
- Work directly with internal technical stakeholders, customers, and business partners to elicit and prioritize requirements.
- Maintain and prioritize project and requirements backlogs.
- Create project charters for each project and review/receive approval from management.
- Crisply and clearly define project objective for the Development team.
- Write user stories for the development teams; groom stories with the technical team.
- Work with Scrum Masters, Development teams and Interaction Designers on a daily basis to define releases, prioritize work in iterations, address issues and lead the vision of the product within the team.
- Document success criteria by providing requirements in plain English using the most suitable format, including narratives, user stories, workflow diagrams and other suitable methods for communicating customer needs within Global Relay.
- Coordinate cross-product dependencies within the Product Management team.
- Work with Scrum Master to ensure a smooth release process (e.g. training, documentation, etc.).
- 3-5 years of technical product management experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with customers and all stakeholders within the organization.
- Strong technical background is required with excellent requirements elicitation experience. Data conversion experience a definite asset.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to effectively prioritize multiple deadlines and responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile development environment is an asset.
- Experience in financial industry is a bonus.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document using the following format "FirstName LastName (application date)" to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Technical Product Manager (Data Conversion)_GRDV174” in subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Visit www.globalrelay.com to learn more about us
- Date Posted:
- Nov 27, 2013 3:22 PM PST
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. Since 1999, more than 15,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging — including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media... more