The Technical Product Marketing Manager will be the primary technology subject matter expert within Marketing at Hootsuite. You will be responsible for driving and reinforcing Hootsuite’s technical value proposition, creating sales collateral for new products, and presenting at customer and industry events. You will also be responsible for developing storytelling-based product demos that focus on users and benefits . This role works closely across marketing, sales, sales engineering, product management and engineering. The position is based at Hootsuite’s headquarters in Vancouver and is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual at a fun and fast-growing and technology company in the hot social space. Strong experience in technical marketing or sales engineering within enterprise software is essential for success in this role.
- Product positioning: Define key differentiating aspects of Hootsuite’s technology platform and build product positioning and messages for key use cases
- Product communication: Develop technical product presentations, maintain the product roadmap, and build product guides to enable sales & marketing teams to tell the Hootsuite technology story effectively
- Technical expertise: Liaise with Product Managers to understand the technical underpinnings of new features and communicate these to a non-technical audience
- Market analysis: Aid the product discovery process by performing market research with customers, prospects, and analysts to make recommendations on market fit for new features
- Product launches: Drive product launches with technical product messaging, analyst and press briefings, product collateral, sales tools and general support of launch plans
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years in technical product marketing or sales engineering in enterprise software.
- Passionate about web, social, and enterprise technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience translating technology value to business benefits and user value
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology in concise language
- Experience and familiarity with social, web, and enterprise technologies.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
- Software product marketing experience
- Savvy in social media
- Very strong written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Outstanding project management skills
- Technology or business education background preferred
- Previous people management experience
- Date Posted:
- Jul 24, 2014 11:55 AM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more