About the Role
Lead the support team and build a strong feedback loop between the product development and customer support teams to ensure that customer success. Use customer feedback to improve the product, and technical feedback to improve our customer service. You will be the voice of our customers internally, bringing product feedback and technical issues to the engineering team, and using your deep understanding of our customers to influence the prioritization of product improvements.
You will also communicate product and technical updates to the customer success team, so that they can expertly resolve any issues.
The Technical Support Lead will work with internal teams including Professional Services, Quality Assurance, and Product Development as required in order to completely resolve customer issues.
• Prioritize and escalate highly impacting issues
• Manage / coordinate critical communications
• Ability to manage and resolve customer issues
• Manage customers’ expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction
• Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers /partners
• Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the Customer / Partner Community
• Research, document, and escalate cases according to procedure
• Review support cases for technical and troubleshooting accuracy
• Ensure client requests are acknowledged and resolved within service level agreement times
• Provide a superior client experience by providing timely updates and problem resolution
• Identify and document opportunities for improvement based on client suggestions
• Work closely with Product Development and the Quality Assurance teams to move issues through the software release process
• Actively participate in job related training
• Define and describe technical best practices
Skills & Qualifications
• Five to seven (5 – 7) years of technical support experience, preferably within a SaaS environment
• Prior experience partnering with engineers, and management of cross-functional projects
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience
• Alignment with our belief that understanding and valuing our customers is the key to success, and the importance of advocating for our customers internally
• Must be both a storyteller and a teacher – you’ll weave together qualitative and quantitative data to convey customer feedback internally, and also train customer support representatives on new technical updates
• Agile, iterative, and capable of bringing structure to chaotic situations (i.e. documenting new features for a product launch)
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving, coupled with time-management skills
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure your accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 1, 2015 10:25 AM PDT
- Vena Solutions
- Vena Solutions
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more